Thread: The Adventures of Jay-germeister and the Son of a... Bit-Me

Post Thanks / Like

The Adventures of Jay-germeister and the Son of a... Bit-Me

Hello, my fellow DIY fish-heads. It's that time again where I tell another tale in the adventures of Jay-germeister. Obviously, this is going to be an ongoing story since the damned-est things always seem to happen while "trying" to enjoy this hobby.

So, I went to the store the other day and I had seen this material used for lining cabinetry (drawers, shelves, etc) and it had a decent pattern on it and I though it would look cool as a background. So I got the stuff and brought it home. While taking off the old background, I noticed that the back glass needed cleaned. Unfortunately, this is a pain because the tank sits against the wall in the corner and finding the room to squeeze my hand behind the tank is just not gonna happen. So the only way for me to get to it is to lay over top of the tank. Which you all know is risky and not exactly a good idea. I mean, anyone with a brain would know not to do it. So there I was, leaning over the tank like a dumba**, cleaning away God knows what. And then I had to hop back on top of the tank again to place the background on. Of course, since this wasn't made to go on aquariums, I had to tape it in place and do it neatly while looking at it upside down and try to eliminate as much pressure on the tank as possible).

As if that wasn't enough fun to deal with, I suddenly feel a decent amount of pain in my stomach. Trust me, leaning over a 56 column doesn't exactly feel all that great. So I stop what I was doing and had to brush off my Midas "Skittles" from further attacking me. This friggin fish was trying to torture the sh*t out of me. I believe he may have removed some stomach hair along with a bit of skin. Awesome, right?! So, lesson learned, I made sure not to have my stomach near the water. However, the pain I felt in my stomach was not quite the pain I felt when the son of a.... bit my d*mn nipple ring!! As God as my witness, I am telling you the truth. I never came closer to screaming like a girl in my life. I hopped off that aquarium so fast, I'm suprised I didn't knock it off the stand. After being cut and bruised and pridefully crippled... I decided to drain the tank a bit and slide the tank away from the wall during the rest of the background install.

From now on, let it be a lesson to you all... a Midas will try to kill you, no matter if you love it and feed it everyday. It will succeed in destroying your pride and strip you of your dignity. Most importantly, it will not hesitate to violate you if given the chance. So don't mess with its territory.

Thank you for your time. ~Jay~

Skittles
    Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    i got a good chuckle out of this one.

i did an amonia test on my tank this evening and one of the goldfish was sucking at my finger while i was getting the sample. my fish always used to hide when i had my hand near or in the water but now all happily swim around my hands when i move anything to the tank.

so my theory is fish are kinda like cheeky little kids. they wait till your not expecting it then they have a little nibble (the fish version of putting their cold little hands down your shirt when your cosey in bed on a cold winters sunday morning)
    community - neon tetras, black tetras, glowlight tetras, dwarf gourami, kuli loaches, red ramshorn snails, moss barbs, tiger barbs and bristlenoses

Post Thanks / Like
    Lmao dude. That's awesome!
    Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think.

100 gallon planted with a 55 gallon refugium.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge!!!!
    Ferengi
    Rule of Acquisition
    #217 You can't free a fish from water.
    The Unwritten Rule: "When no appropriate rule applies... make one up!

Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO that is hilarious
    Bow Down to Washington

Post Thanks / Like
    You add some protein for Skittles, LOL Thank you for share.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm glad everyone got a good chuckle. However, being there was a bit different. I used to joke about skittles giving me "kisses" when I would put my hand in the tank. But, I don't think I will anymore. I have been nipped at before but dag, he wasn't playin around like he had before. I can only assume the shiney look of the ring caught his attention and like a lure, he went full blast for it. But hey, it is what it is and I still love the little turd. I just have to be a little more mindful about what I am doing around him. Especially since he's still pretty young.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good approach to take, I"m sure certain parts of your body may appreciate it as well, especially considering they may not fare as well next time, lol.
    Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think.

100 gallon planted with a 55 gallon refugium.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hellpoolhall Click here to enlarge
    That's a good approach to take, I"m sure certain parts of your body may appreciate it as well, especially considering they may not fare as well next time, lol.
    No doubt!! This midas is turning into a beast.

Post Thanks / Like
    one of my Oscars got my hand the other day while I was working in the tank, turned around with my hand still in the tank to talk to the wife and the little bugger got me right between my fingers, man that smarted, guess that's what I get for egging him on in the past.Click here to enlarge
    Canadian Pleco lover! Soon to be built DIY 2000 Gallon RTC tank, Go Big Or Go Home!

Post Thanks / Like
    I lolspasmed when I read that, I nearly wet myself, lmbao, soooooooo funny, I could just picture it happening with perfect timing!