ULTIMATE DIY HANDBOOK

Thread: 1 inch bulkehad fittings?

Post Thanks / Like

1 inch bulkehad fittings?

ULTIMATE DIY HANDBOOK
    I'm installing a beananimal overflow on an undrilled tank and I bought 1inch bulkheads. The holes are not pierced yet. I was looking for the rest of the plumbing and I'm having great troubles to find the parts that can fit in a 1inch threaded bulkhead. I figured I would have to use 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 ABS for the rest of the plumbing, but how can I connect the plumbing to the 1 inch bulkhead?? I'm wondering if I shouldn't buy a regular 1 1/2 inch bulkhead so it fits with standard piping...

Post Thanks / Like
    To connect to the threaded PVC pipe, you need a male connector.

Looks like this:

Click here to enlarge

Once that is in, you can slide pvc into it.

If you have a 1" bulkhead and want to use pvc pipe larger then that, you will need to add a reducer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Joey, yes that is what I'm looking for but I can't find it anywhere in ABS.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can also use these for bulkhead - fishing boat live well fittings

Click here to enlarge

Bass Boat Livewell bulkhead fittings around $3.00
    Click here to enlarge
    Life and Attitude are a choice the real question is are you making a Good One.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kitana Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Joey, yes that is what I'm looking for but I can't find it anywhere in ABS.
    Why does it have to be ABS?

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't have to be ABS, it's just that locally, I can only get ABS pipe and fittings in 1 1/2 inch. CPVC stops at 1 inch (and the 1 inch fittings are really difficult to get) and PVC is even harder.

Finally, I almost ordered everything online before finding a plumber who was willing to sell me the fittings by the piece (all the others would sell in bulk, as if I was building a house...). I ordered only the ball valves online, as they were far cheaper than locally. For the rest, I bought a mix of ABS and PVC fittings and pipes and I used a glue that is designed to weld PVC to ABS. Some pieces are in polypropylène, namely all the 1 inch male threaded fittings. Retrospectively, I should have ordered everything online instead of trying to find the pieces locally, it would have been much easier to source everything, but I believe in buying local whenever I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    man you must live in some small town in the middle of nowhere, I can walk into any one of the 4 hardware stores into town here and get everything from 1/2" all the way to 6" in PVC with no problem, even Walmart or Canadian Tire carries it in most common used sizes.
    Canadian Pleco lover! Soon to be built DIY 2000 Gallon RTC tank, Go Big Or Go Home!

Post Thanks / Like
    lol Yeah, kinda... look where Rouyn-Noranda is on Google map and you'll understand everything...

Post Thanks / Like
    ULTIMATE DIY HANDBOOK
    ok that explains it the middle of nowhere Quebec, so you might have to fire up the dog sled and head into Montreal or order some on line.
    Canadian Pleco lover! Soon to be built DIY 2000 Gallon RTC tank, Go Big Or Go Home!