ULTIMATE DIY HANDBOOK

Thread: Carpintas Vontehillo!

Post Thanks / Like

Carpintas Vontehillo!

Well, I ordered some fish through a local breeder. I asked for Green Terrors, and the guy he orders through was to lazy to get them. So he told him that he was sending some Carpintis Vontehillo instead. Well, instead of a group he sent only one that was 4 inches instead of 2. The 2 inchers were suppose to be $5 but the 4 incher was $35 GRRRRRRR, so lucky for my Jason sold him to me for $20 (he actually took a hit on this and was $15 out of his pocket) and let me have 5 Godmani for $20 (took another $5 hit on that as well) about an inch or so long. So I am thinking once these guys get a little bigger I am going to try to sell them locally and then turn and get some more Carpintis and try to find a breading Female for the (we think) Male I received today. I am a little erked that the guy didn't send us what we ordered. Even Jason didn't end up with what he ordered either, though he did get his 15 inch dovii, that thing was awesome lol.

Any way, here is a picture of the Carpintis. I will try to get better pictures tomorrow. I am digging the color on him already! I am going to have to find him a Girl friend I thinks Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    180 Gallon, 110 Gallon Long, 75 gallon, 55 gallon, 55 gallon, and 40 gallon breeder.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good looking fish man. If I was ever going to setup a F/W tank it would definitely be a cichlid tank.
    Join the darkside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, his color is more of a aqua blue/green than green. Hes barely 4 inches and already showing great color ( I think lol) for being new to the tank and still a bit stressed out. I am bummed that I ended up with only him, I was hoping for 4-6 and to try to get a pair out of the group.

That gravel has got to go lol. I was hoping to get sand but not this time around. Maybe in a few weeks.
    180 Gallon, 110 Gallon Long, 75 gallon, 55 gallon, 55 gallon, and 40 gallon breeder.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    ah flush the thing and go get an Oscar, JK LOL! looks good tobad you only got 1, looks kinda lonely in there throw Hogger in it will have more fun LOL!Click here to enlarge
    Canadian Pleco lover! Soon to be built DIY 2000 Gallon RTC tank, Go Big Or Go Home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hogger would eat him I think lol, give him another year or so and it would be battle royal in that 55 lmao!

The guy who I got him through said he is going to work on helping me find a group to find a female to go with him.
    We were expecting a group of smaller ones, not single larger one.

Just in case you didn't know, Carpintis are also some times called "Green Texas" even though they arnt a real Texas but look
    similer. From what Jason was telling me he will most likely get up to 10-12 inches when full grown.

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like the supplier your buddy used was a dick for sending fish completely wrong than what was ordered. it is a nice looking fish, but at least your buddy gave you a break, seen as he got hooped by the supplier and took a loss even though it wasn't his fault. Prob won't be ordering fish from that guy again in the future. by the time that fish gets to that size Hogger will prob be much bigger as they do get to any where between 13-18" depending on the fish and the room it has, if you throw him into the 200 you are thinking about he shoot up like a weed.
    Canadian Pleco lover! Soon to be built DIY 2000 Gallon RTC tank, Go Big Or Go Home!

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent you a PM about it. I will say Jason took a hit, granted maybe not a big one but he did take a hit on the fish I got. He did me right.

As for the Carpintis though, I am really loving his coloring. I definitely want to find him a girl friend in the near future lol. I am trying to find Hogger a new home atm, been asking around.
    In the last week he has come into his puberty lol. He has been chasing the Cons around and beating up the Pleco and attacking his reflection in the glass. I am pretty sure if he and the
    Carpintis (Trying to think of a name for that guy) he would eat him or at least kill him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that looks pretty good. Hopefully it isn't too hard to find a nice one to pair him.

Damn my piranhas seem boring sometimes lol they will look pretty boss when they get right big

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, I plan on getting a female for him in the next month or two actually. I want to get one for him while he is still small. He should get roughly 10-12 inches long when full grown so close to the size of an Oscar. I posted some pics in the freshwater forum of him, he is really starting to color up.