Thread: Salvini Cichlids?

Post Thanks / Like

Salvini Cichlids?

Has any one kept Salvini? There is a local breeder to me who is on Monsterfishkeepers.com who has a pair of Salvini I may be getting. Has any kept these before? From what I have read it sounds like they would work in a 40b and from what I seen they have great color. And the guy who has them I believe has a good reputation on there so I would assume these have good color. Hes trying to sell me some Festae also lol, but I don't I have a tank for those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are pretty neat looking. They almost look like a peacock bass.

Can't give you any advice on them though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, from the videos I have seen they look pretty cool.

He also has some Creamcycle Midas fry for free but He says they would out grow the 40 in a year and at this moment I would rather use fish that wont out grow the 40 lol.

Here are some of the fish he has for sale, but the Salvini are not listed in this add. He told me about them last night in a PM. I asked for pictures so im hoping to get some pics
    possibly today, but I know he is out of town so he might not be able too. Looking at all his fish makes me wish even more I had a HUGE tank lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I am shocked. I figured some one on here would have kept these buggers before.

Post Thanks / Like
    nope didn't here of them till you posted about them, but then again I don't know to much a bout Cichlids other than the ones I have recently got in the last year, those do look like a nice looking fish though.
    Canadian Pleco lover! Soon to be built DIY 2000 Gallon RTC tank, Go Big Or Go Home!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hadnt heard of them before either. Jason (the breeder) seems to think I will want to sell my Oscar when I see his stock lol. Told him "I don't know about that, lol, I like my Oscar" lol. From what I have seen on MFK he seems to have some really cool fish in his fish room. He has a 100 gallon he wants to sell for $200 (which is a deal up here) that I would love to buy, just don't have the money atm Click here to enlarge
    180 Gallon, 110 Gallon Long, 75 gallon, 55 gallon, 55 gallon, and 40 gallon breeder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we have planned on Monday for me to come over to his house and pick up the Salvini.
    180 Gallon, 110 Gallon Long, 75 gallon, 55 gallon, 55 gallon, and 40 gallon breeder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i picked them up today. I will try to get pictures tomorrow. They were pretty stressed out as they were moved from one tank to another not once but twice so they were pretty dull looking by the time I got home.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok where is the pictures already LOL! when I brought my Super Red Empresses and Strawberry Peacocks home they were the same way, took the Male Empress almost 3 weeks to color back up, was worth the wait though looks awesome now!
    Canadian Pleco lover! Soon to be built DIY 2000 Gallon RTC tank, Go Big Or Go Home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures, you dont need no stinking pictures! What you do need is this though lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the salvinis They are one of the most beautiful CA cichlids and sized right for smaller tanks! Be aware that in that size tank with a pair they can be very aggressive. If you keep other fish with them, make sure they can handle aggressive tankmates (like your midas fry) Looking forward to more pics once they have settled in! Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Grats on the new fish - hope they work out well for you.
    Life and Attitude are a choice the real question is are you making a Good One.

Post Thanks / Like
    congratz man, I have 1 salvini left from the 4 I bought, so obviously I can't give any advice on themClick here to enlarge
    145 gallon seamless acrylic: 9 Tropheus Bemba, 8 Tropheus duboisi ,
    Rack; 45 gallon:breeding pair Jewel Cichlids
    Betta tank- 2 female and 1 Male crowntail
    Next Project: 145 gallon Canopy and LED lighting