ULTIMATE DIY HANDBOOK

Thread: DivineHammer's latest update

Post Thanks / Like

DivineHammer's latest update

Canadian Pleco lover! Soon to be built DIY 2000 Gallon RTC tank, Go Big Or Go Home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice setup, looking good. What do you do with all your convict fry?

Post Thanks / Like
    love the Nimbochromis venustus (Giraffe cichlid)but they are nasty when the want

nice looking tanks and fish

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't have any fry yet my pleco ate all the eggs, was hoping to have some we shall see, it looks like my convicts are going to try again.

and yes you are Right Fishlady that is exactly what it is, I had a complete mind fart when I was doing the video LOL! well there is someone locally who is giving away a 125 gallon all glass tank, set him an E-mail hope he still has it, going to pick that up priced just right LOL!
    Canadian Pleco lover! Soon to be built DIY 2000 Gallon RTC tank, Go Big Or Go Home!

Post Thanks / Like
    i would be all over it wow best price i have seen

Post Thanks / Like
    that's what I said, even my Wife said did you e-mail them, I of course said what do I look stupid of course I did, the glass alone is prob 300 bucks or more, and it doesn't show any cracks or anything and they stated it holds water, I will prob rip it down and do a full reseal on it, if I get it. the only question now is where the heck will I put the thing LOL! Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome setups Divine!! Like the walk-through all the tank and equipment.

Not sure if you noticed your Yellow Auratus Cichlid rubbing him self on the gravel, I'd watch for signs of ICH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kordova Click here to enlarge
    Awesome setups Divine!! Like the walk-through all the tank and equipment.

Not sure if you noticed your Yellow Auratus Cichlid rubbing him self on the gravel, I'd watch for signs of ICH.
    yea I noticed that all ready tossed in some Epson salt, I had to replace 4 fish in there because of a silly plastic rock formation that leached something, that was one of the replacement fish, seem fine at the store, wasn't till the next day I noticed that, figured best to does the whole tank because of the other problem so just to be safe got them all. got one of my Convicts in my hospital tank recovering from pop eye or a good shot to the eyes not sure, none of my others seem to have it so I think he got ruffed up. I have noticed since I turned up the temp in my 56 gallon to the recommended temp for s/a cichlids ich has been trying to get a hold in there, must of been from the feeder fish, so they got dosed with Epson salt for a week too, I think I will get a little 10 gallon set it up and put my feeders in there and dose them for a few days from now on with Melafix, my Oscars really like live food and so do the Convicts now and again. Looking right now at picking up a 125-150 size tank to put my Africans into or maybe the S/A, founds some nice tanks for around 250-400 bucks, saw a 135 for free but it was gone already too bad priced just right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah you were saying that before, man It really makes me think twice about buying stuff at Petsmart or any retail store like that. Glad they reimbursed you plus replaced the fish you lost!

Another reason to breed your own feeders, any type of "feeder" generally has a better chance at being a host for ICH and other diseases, plus the added stress of introducing to your tank of Oscars and Convicts can't be good for the feeders. Just more likely to spread around any diseases, and another reason I can't see my self buying feeders any more. I haven't in over a year and probably never will again, I like peaceful tanks if at all possible and feeders just add to there aggression.

Ya know since my ICH outbreak I've kept my temp in my AF Cichlid tank around 80-82 degrees and they all seem to love it, I find they interact with one another and usually in a good way. Like lots of lip locking from my Frontosa's and my Auratus Cichlids just seem to do the best in that temp. And I've actually noticed a big change in on of my largest Yellow Auratus, seems like the more dominate one and could be turning into a male. He's turning from the bright yellow to a dark brownish color w/ black stripes. Pretty neat to see him change like that, plus he's grown by far the most out of the bunch.

Free/cheap tanks are defiantly worth the price! I haven't got anything good since my 70g score. Once I re-finish the stand I plan to sell it for $300 maybe more depending on how nice of setup I make for it. In the end with all the other stuff I got It'll work to about $550 total minus $210 it cost to re-finish and initial cost to buy, so I'm walking away with $340 give or take because I'm keeping some of the stuff I got from the purchase. I couldn't of been happier with that buy, haha I keep trying to buy stuff but with holidays its been kinda slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just looking and saw that deal and had to jump on it, only if I had seen it a few days ago might have gotten it, so of cource my wife had to see what was around surprisingly there are a whole pile of 110-150 for sale all of a sudden, when before the biggest was a 55 for 400, like I will spend 400 on a 55 gallon, can get a new one with stand, lights, ect from Pet Smart right now for under 200 on sale, I can get a Marineland 65 complete for less than 400. But we want another 90 or bigger. going to put the S/A and Africans in the 90's and everyone else is going in the 240, 56 gallon will either uses as a planted tank or will sell it. my wife was talking I should build a coffee table tank, and I am kinda thinking I might but do it out of Acrylic, I got this idea in my head still working on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Divinehammer Click here to enlarge
    the only question now is where the heck will I put the thing LOL! Click here to enlarge
    my house in dartmouth Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fishlady Click here to enlarge
    my house in dartmouth Click here to enlarge
    yea I get right on shipping it over right after Aussie sends his to my place LOL!Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    man i have been waiting for an update on your other thread lol. Just found this one looks good too =)

Post Thanks / Like
    People hate on goldfish tanks all the time, I think it's cool you have one. I have a 33g tank I got off of Kijiji for $100 that I plan on putting a couple Ryukin into, using an Eheim 2073 to filter the tank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's see a update! Everything is looking good!!!
    Ferengi
    Rule of Acquisition
    #217 You can't free a fish from water.
    The Unwritten Rule: "When no appropriate rule applies... make one up!

Post Thanks / Like
    well the African are in Time out right now, the little buggers Attacked my Highfin that I had in there and did a lot of damage to it, so the 55 is ripped down to just the gravel for a few days, as for the Goldfish their gone, I decided to get rid of them, the Convicts tried laying eggs again didn't notice and took all the decor out to give the tank a good cleaning, wasn't till I went to put the stuff back in that I discovered the eggs, course by then it was too late so next time I will do a better looking job before I remove the stuff for cleaning. I will do an update later this week, when everything is put back in the 55 gallon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there. Just been looking through your vids. I'm liking all your tanks. Have you go a write up or guide on how you build that rock cave for your loach? I really wanna make one cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tigerbarb Click here to enlarge
    Hi there. Just been looking through your vids. I'm liking all your tanks. Have you go a write up or guide on how you build that rock cave for your loach? I really wanna make one cheers.
    I used Great stuff to bind the rocks together like glue, after it had fully cured I used my Dremel with a wire brush to remove the excess great stuff after it had fully cured for 24HR then I rinsed it off and dropped into the tank. the rock I used for it was just some granite chunks I had form when I built a garden path. the great stuff works awesome that decoration is now 2 years old and still holding together awesome prob a good 10lbs of weight to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice setups DH! I was thinking to myself as I watched the video, how does he remember all of the types of fish? And then that's when you forgot one of them; it was funny. Nice job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Willhopp Click here to enlarge
    Nice setups DH! I was thinking to myself as I watched the video, how does he remember all of the types of fish? And then that's when you forgot one of them; it was funny. Nice job.
    yes the giraffe cichlid has 2 other names one is the Latin name venustus and I forget the other. LOL! And thanks I keep changing them up, I am never fully done aquascaping them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant. Thanks for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tigerbarb Click here to enlarge
    Brilliant. Thanks for that.
    no problem.Click here to enlarge