Thread: plumbing a jebao dc pump

Post Thanks / Like

plumbing a jebao dc pump

HI all. I am having some trouble (more issues) plumbing my jebao DCP 5000. I have a lot of jebaos running in my sumps under the tank. This jebao will go in a 120g with a 33 g sump above it. All my other jebao's i have used vinyl tubing with stainless steel pipe clamps to then hard plumbed pvc. I really want to hard plumb this one the whole way but a 1.5 inch female fitting is too small and a 2 inch is too big to screw on. I am guessing the pump is metric? Do i have any options to hard plumb? I can do the vinyl again but don't want to do the stainless steel pipe clamps. I am not worried about the steel but the tank is a grow out for dorado catfish which are not smart animals. There is a fair chance of injury. What are my clamping options? Anything I can get local? to get the typical push together clamps I will have to order them. Also wanted to finish the build this weekend vs waiting for delivery. thank you for reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Use a ducting clamp with the vinyl?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing you are correct in it being metric, or just some funky proprietary thread not a common plumbing thread...

I can't say if it will work with these kind of pressures, but I have had good luck with 'premium' nylon zip ties in some vinyl tube applications... What you do is heat the vinyl hose up with a heat gun until it's real soft then using a few 'premium' nylon zip ties secure it to the barb, the heated vinyl hose will compress and form to the barbs... Note I said premium zip ties, spend the few bucks on name brand ones they are worth it... I have done this many times for lower pressure and temporary high pressure connections, can't say if it's really a permanent solution for you but it might be an option if you get a good seal with some heavier duty premium zipties it will be pretty darn solid...

Another option is nylon hose clamps proper, but finding them local might be troublesome... Again it might be worth heating up the hose before clamping to get a better connection...

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Double-.../dp/B007R5V2HQ

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for both. think I will do the nylon hose clamp proper. I have tried the zip ties before with min success. To be fair def was not a name brand

also this one has a lot more attachments then the previous ones. I am used to the barbed one but what is the smooth adapter meant for ?

Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    but what is the smooth adapter meant for ?

I'm guessing the smooth adaptor is a slip/weld connector to ABS/PVC pipe, again maybe metric?

Post Thanks / Like
    so I was about to order metric fitting but thankfully I took a closer look at the fittings. They are adapter to 1.25 and 1 inch pvc