Thread: another bracing thread...

Post Thanks / Like

another bracing thread...

i just got hands on a used 500l tank.
    it was filled with water with no leaks when i bought it.
    the brace was shipped and cracked so i decided to cut it away and make a new brace.
    the thank is made of 8 mm glass and measures 1600x600x500mm LxWxH.
    the old euro-brace was made of 8 mm glass and about 100 mm width with 2 cross braces.
    i would have a half euro-brace (front and back) no bracing on the sides maybe 2 cross braces is that possible?

Post Thanks / Like
    My tank (similar to yours, in size) is braced, at the center and about 50.8mm wide. Made from plastic and is part of the decorative framework and "I trust it". Personally, I'm not too trusting of small (50mm) strips of glass bonded to the insides of tanks with only silicon as I have had several fail. I would opt to brace the tank with a center brace using a brace that attaches to the outside of the tank but, perhaps someone else has had better luck with method #1?

Hi and welcome....Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like

another bracing thread...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLDave Click here to enlarge
    I'm not too trusting of small (50mm) strips of glass bonded to the insides of tanks with only silicon as I have had several fail.
    The whole tank is “only” bonded with silicone... your nerves have to be a wreck with this hobby Click here to enlarge

I read some where that 1:3 (3xthickness) in this case 24mm should be enough for euro brace... I need to get that confirmed... 500l is a lot of water on the floor

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk