Thread: Almost done

Post Thanks / Like

Almost done

I didn't see anywhere on here specificly for build threads so hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me if this isn't the correct location.
    I auctually joined this form when I was mostly done with this build but it's been a fun and unique build and I'd like to share.
    There's a bit of clean up left but it's 99% there. I fit all the equipment I plan on keeping in the dt and plugged all the bulkheads so I can leak test tomorrow. Wish me luck Click here to enlargeKIMG1034.jpegKIMG1036.jpegKIMG1038.jpegIMG1676186652.jpegKIMG1037.jpeg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting design......

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it, I really want to build a 'ledge' tank one of these days vs the flat bottoms...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge...luck...Click here to enlarge

LOL you might replace the plastic stool with something a little more sturdy. Jest in case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge...luck...Click here to enlarge

LOL you might replace the plastic stool with something a little more sturdy. Jest in case.
    Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Set up for water testing Click here to enlarge

Lol on the plastic stool, I needed something to prop it on while I moved the top of the stand to be. I know it's a bit crooked, it's the basement floor. Got close to level for testing and 20+ shims later called itt good enough for a test Click here to enlarge
    The final location is much more level to begin with.KIMG1040.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!!
    By ledge tank, do you mean the front deeper than the back? As in a slope or drop off?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Meep Click here to enlarge
    I like it, I really want to build a 'ledge' tank one of these days vs the flat bottoms...

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great. Make sure you show us when it's full of fish and water!

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jbolinger30 Click here to enlarge
    Looks great. Make sure you show us when it's full of fish and water!
    I certainly will, this will be replacing my current 3 reef displays. I didn't want to completely repost my build thread but the short version is; the tanks are in the pool room so my build footprint is specific if I don't want it wacked with cue sticks hence the odd shape. What spurred this build (besides neatining up my tank(s) area) is that I plan on refinishing the floors in this room. The current dt inhabitants are in the process of being relocated to the basement sump for temporary holding with their lights, power heads, etc. The way I plumbed it dt can be valved off while I work on the floor. Then I can place the new dt and slowly move everyone up to their new home with as minimal disturbance as possible. I already have a lot of the planned stock, minus most of the acropora that will be in the shallow area. This is probably a good 9mos. into this build. I cleaned out the basement and redid the sump to plan for the move before I could even start the dt. Here's the last tank I built and how it fits in the whole sump.Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge