Thread: Polished the inside of my tank

Post Thanks / Like

Polished the inside of my tank

Hello,
    New to this forum and about to start a tank. I finished building the stand and then went and polished the outside and inside to get the scratches of the acrylic, it was an old tank I got for free. My question is, how do I remove the polish material or is it safe, I used car polisher.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Since it's a car polish, I suspect it's full of a lot of stuff that isn't good for a fish tank... That said you also have to be careful with any cleaners so that you don't damage the acrylic... I see you are in Mexico, so I don't know if Dawn brand dish soap is available there? If it is I would suggest you get some Dawn and use it to clean the tank, clean two times and rinse the heck out of it, and then rinse again... Might even pay to fill the tank and let is just sit for a week to give it time to leach any residue into the water, empty, rinse and then fill before fish. I recommend Dawn by name because it has a proven record with many DIY car painters for it's ability to strip wax and polish off of cars down to bare paint, and it also has proven track record after oils spills to clean up living animals and other surfaces without the huge environmental and toxicity effect of solvents or other products... If you can't find Dawn, try another premium hand dish soap, preferably one that isn't loaded with perfumes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge...Hello and welcome to diyfk...Click here to enlarge

Meep beat me to it LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they do carry it in some store, I'll go look for it.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Fervaz,

Hi and welcome....Click here to enlarge