Thread: DIY 4ft Simple Metal Stand

Post Thanks / Like

DIY 4ft Simple Metal Stand

Here is one of my latest stands, The idea of this one was to be simple and easy to make but still look half presentable. I used 50mmx50mm square galvanized tube with a wall thickness of 2mm, after fabricating it I took it down the paint shop to get powder coated, then it was a trip to hardware shop to get some hard wood, I used very small L shaped brackets inside to keep the panels flush with the frame, the side panels are screwed in to the L brackets, the front panel is a snug fit but I was going to originally put magnets on the inside of the wood so it would stick to the L brackets, but its not needed at this stage so L brackets act as stopper for the front panel. I still have to put a handle on the front for it to be completed. I just wanted to show that it doesn't require much effort to make a metal stand and make it look some what presentable, The fabricating took about 2 hours, the powder coating was done the next day after I dropped it off, The cutting out of the wood and screwing in the brackets took about an hour.

2z4k4t0.jpg

20uzln6.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful............well done.....Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice! Did you do the welding?

Post Thanks / Like
    Should mention that when you are welding with Galvanized materials do so outside, and preferably with a half mask that has gas filters on it. The fumes coming off galvanized materials can seriously mess you up for a few days. Do not do this in an area without airflow/ good ventilation.
    WoodFill and paint will make you the handyman you Ain't.