Thread: 180 Gallon Tank Bottom Plastic Trim not level

Post Thanks / Like

180 Gallon Tank Bottom Plastic Trim not level

I recently purchased a 180 gallon tank and build a stand. I made sure that when building the stand that the everything was square and true. I did a trial last night and noticed that the tank doesn't sit completely flat on the back side. The front and side sit perfectly flat, but the back goes from 4" from the corners out to the center, 1 Thousands to 22 Thousands.

After pulling the tank I flipped it over and found the back plastic trim is arching up toward the center of the tank causing the gap between the stand. How should I fix this? The stand doesn't have a plywood top the tank sits on 5/4" oak rails. Is there some kind of bondo, or adhesive that I can use to fill in the imperfections in the tanks plastic trim and sand flat? I can't return the tank since I already drilled it for an overflow.

It can't be good for the glass to be arched like that, and I've also filled the tank and let it sit for two days no change to the gaps.

Thanks

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    "If" it were me.......

I'd get a piece of (at least) 5/8" plywood and cut a piece to fit the top of the frame. Then......buy some of the Styrofoam Insulation panels you can buy at Lowes/HomeDepot...etc and lay that on top of that plywood. Then, place your tank on top of that....good luck on what you decide.....Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    So how did it work out? I had a similar issue building a smaller 55g stand. We had to put some spacers under the corners.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk