Thread: Albert's Solution

Post Thanks / Like

Albert's Solution

Dear friends,

Im attempting to grow aquarium plants with seeds from ebay. Is it ok to use Albert's Solution spray for dry start method with these seeds ??

Im new to these plants friends. Please guide me with this .

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never used that stuff. But growing the plants from seeds can be tricky. You will need a very strong light. Something that's 6000k. Joey did a video of a cheap diy light that can grow plants you can look up if you haven't seen it. Then I usually use potting soil and put my seeds in dry, then water them like you would any other plant, but do not fill the tank, this prevents the seeds from floating themselves out of the soil. Once they start to sprout (this is usually where i add flourite substrate if i plant to keep them in this aquarium) then you can gradually add more and more water until the tank is full. The flourite helps keep the soil under the substrate and its also a planted tank substrate so it gives the plants nutrients. Once the plant is big enough you can move them to the tank that you want them in.

Post Thanks / Like
    A link to my experiment with ebay seeds.

Link--> Ebay Glossostigma Elatinoides Seeds <--Link

P.S. ill try and up date the photos tonight... Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    A link to my experiment with ebay seeds.

Link--> Ebay Glossostigma Elatinoides Seeds <--Link

P.S. ill try and up date the photos tonight... Click here to enlarge
    Dear friend,

I also want to know about Albert's solution. Is it safe to use in planted aquarium ??

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont know about "Alberts solution" i use PPS Pro and MetriCide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    i dont know about "Alberts solution" i use PPS Pro and MetriCide.
    Check following formula for Albert's Solution.

Its a water soluble chemical formula that used in Aquaphonics over many years .

Is this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ed3.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO that Albert's solution is way too much fertilizer for seedlings (seedlings have all the fertilizer they need inside to sprout and get their initial set of leaves) and even for too much fertilizer for small young plants after that initial sprout stage unless well diluted to basically nothing...

You also should be very, very cautious about using that fertilizer in any fish tank that contains fish or other aquatic critters as it's likely to spike the nitrate to toxic levels, you have to dilute well to almost nothing and dose very low while monitoring nitrate and ammonia levels as well as PH since the mixture contains acid...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Meep Click here to enlarge
    IMO that Albert's solution is way too much fertilizer for seedlings (seedlings have all the fertilizer they need inside to sprout and get their initial set of leaves) and even for too much fertilizer for small young plants after that initial sprout stage unless well diluted to basically nothing...

You also should be very, very cautious about using that fertilizer in any fish tank that contains fish or other aquatic critters as it's likely to spike the nitrate to toxic levels, you have to dilute well to almost nothing and dose very low while monitoring nitrate and ammonia levels as well as PH since the mixture contains acid...

Thank you for the info Meep.
    How about I dilute the solution and put it into water ??