Thread: hi im ruby im a american cichlid keeper i have a question on my dovii's feeding

Post Thanks / Like

hi im ruby im a american cichlid keeper i have a question on my dovii's feeding

hi im ruby me and my husband love american cichlids and have several tanks all south or central american we are feeding our dovii all natural diet of meal worms , tuna , blue marlin ,cod and shrimps he is now 6" and i feed him 1 meal worm 1 piece of fish about the size of cichlid gold pellet medium and 1 pc shrimp same size as the fish at noon time and then about 9 hours later at night i feed him 1 worm 1 piece of fish and 2 pieces of shrimp am i overfeeding?if not how long do i have to wait before i can 1 more worm to each of his meal?and how long can i expect before he reaches 9" to 10"?his tank is only 125g now but will be moving him to a 250g soon maybe 3 months from now and i do 50% water changes every 3 days if anyone is wondering why we opted for this diet its because he rejected 7 kind of pellets we have tried fasting him first for 2 days then 5 days then 7 days even tried soaking pellet in garlic all to no avail appreciate your input thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Ruby,

Hi and welcome....Click here to enlarge

Check out the information on this page....
    http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fres...0and%20Feeding