Thread: Plywood build.

Post Thanks / Like

Plywood build.

I am wanting to build a plywood tank possibly 10x4x30. Just wondering if any of you have built a tank that size and if so would you be willing to share your design with me? Could go 8x4x30 as well. I just want to make sure I build it sturdy enough. One of my questions is will doubling up the plywood be effective? Bracing is also something I am concerned about. Just looking for advice.
    Thank you in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't give much input beyond that fact that I would suggest you go special order 4'x10' sheets of plywood vs seaming 8' ones, and if you do decide to seam, Google how to do a scarf seam on plywood... But, to be blunt for the amount of time it will take you to do a proper scarf seam in plywood, the extra cost of the 10' foot sheet is a no-brainer...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Meep Click here to enlarge
    I can't give much input beyond that fact that I would suggest you go special order 4'x10' sheets of plywood vs seaming 8' ones, and if you do decide to seam, Google how to do a scarf seam on plywood... But, to be blunt for the amount of time it will take you to do a proper scarf seam in plywood, the extra cost of the 10' foot sheet is a no-brainer...
    Thank you very much! Good information there.