Thread: Angelfish with Tetras...?

Post Thanks / Like

Angelfish with Tetras...?

Hi,

I am curious if anyone has had experience with Angelfish and tetras in the same tank.

I just got a 35 Gal octagon tank and was wondering if a couple of small angelfish and a school of tetras would be ok together. Or would I just be feeding the angel fish really well? Any help or suggestions would be great...thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    May not be a good idea in a small-ish tank like you have.
    I have had Angles with Neon's But they have been in a 55 or bigger. In a larger tank you may have plants or other decoration for the little guys to make sharper turns that the angles can't do, and stay out of sight. As you may know Angles are part of the Cichlid family. They can and will be aggressive against any living thing in their territory.
    Right now in my 70 the Angles will chase the Neons and any other Tetra in the tank. I didn't want the angles when I set up the 70, the wife wanted them. They are not mated but still very territorial.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeoJB Click here to enlarge
    May not be a good idea in a small-ish tank like you have.
    I have had Angles with Neon's But they have been in a 55 or bigger. In a larger tank you may have plants or other decoration for the little guys to make sharper turns that the angles can't do, and stay out of sight. As you may know Angles are part of the Cichlid family. They can and will be aggressive against any living thing in their territory.
    Right now in my 70 the Angles will chase the Neons and any other Tetra in the tank. I didn't want the angles when I set up the 70, the wife wanted them. They are not mated but still very territorial.
    Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I have "larger" Angels and Tetras in a tank together....60gal. I have never seen one go after the other. My biggest concern was that the Tetras would nip at the Angels but....so far so good.

Post Thanks / Like
    At the local hardware store they have baby angels and tetras together. I was thinking that if I get them all from the same tank that maybe they grew together they might be less aggressive towards each other...idk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sharknose11 Click here to enlarge
    At the local hardware store they have baby angels and tetras together. I was thinking that if I get them all from the same tank that maybe they grew together they might be less aggressive towards each other...idk?

Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys must have better luck than me. Or, My angles are VERY aggressive. I've seen them go after Serpa Tetra's.

Post Thanks / Like
    My friends daughter has one that is very aggressive also, but hes older and bigger and very very aggressive. Hes in a tank by himself

Post Thanks / Like
    It will be great kept them...

Sent from my SM-J3110 using Tapatalk