Thread: Canopy Design

Post Thanks / Like

Canopy Design

Hello
    I'm looking to build a canopy for my 55 gallon fish tank the dimension are 48 x 12.5 x 20 (LxWxH). I want to be able to open it from the top and have enough space to add LED lights. Can you post videos or build plans here. I have an idea of what I want to build but I want to see what other ideas that you guys have. Here's my tank.

20180206_205215.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    y'r not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like
    oh man.... having a hard time loading pic's of my stand and hood I'm building.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still having a hard time uploading, these are the only 2 so far. The frame is made up from 3/4 pine boards. I ripped them to size myself. I joined the frame together with lap joints. But joints and end grain does not make a sturdy joint. I was forced to in the corners, at least they are squeezed between the upper and lower frames. Besides the glue they have a screw in them to keep in place. Besides once I put on the "skin" it will keep it all together. This is for a 150. 72" long and 18" wide I made it about a 1/4" to 1/2" wider than the tank frame. I added more wood to the center/hinge since there no vertical braces. The extra wood acts like a beam in a house with an open floor plan. It's glued and screwed. The glue I used is waterproof.
    I hope this help some.
    frame (7).JPGframe (6a).JPG