Thread: Cracked Corner Glass

Post Thanks / Like

Cracked Corner Glass

Hey all.

Got a large fish tank about 600L size.
    Has two cracks in the diagonal opposite corners.
    Advice needed. Will it hold the water or will it crack due to the sheer a mount of water in the tank.
    has been full before but unused for about 7 years now. Silicon is still good and held a small amount of water but didnt want to trust my luck.

thanx in advance
    Dev

Resized_20180111_103537.jpeg
    Resized_20180111_103436.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    My opinion........................I wouldn't trust either corner......Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    iMO its not worth the gamble!
    A replacement glass my cost $100 but 158gal of water can easily do $1000s in damage not to mention the hours of cleanup and loss of fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    True Story.....

My wife and I have just moved from a single-family home into a Condo which is on the 3d floor. I had to "sacrifice" 4 tanks or face divorce Click here to enlarge but was able to salvage 3 tanks (55gal x 2 and a 60gal). One of the 55's was one I purchased off of CL. As I always do, while in the house, I filled the tank to the brim and let it set for at least 4 days to check for leaks. This particular tank passed the lest but, because we were moving, I never set it up. Well.....about 2wks ago, in our new home "on the 3d floor", the tank sprung a leak, a small one, but enough to throw me into panic-mode Click here to enlarge. We both started emptying the tank using buckets and had the thing emptied in less than 20mins with a minimum of water on the carpet. (Remember....if you have a leak on the 3d floor.....so does the guy on the 2d floor).

Lesson learned.....NEVER trust older tanks, especially those with obvious weaknesses......Click here to enlarge