Thread: Interal Sump Question

Post Thanks / Like

Question Interal Sump Question

Building a setup very similar to Joey's shell dwellers tank; 60x12x12 with an internal sump.

Question is, can I run the output to the far end of the tank? Poorly drawn mspaint attachment for what I mean. I was thinking of running some pvc inside the tank along the back, under the substrate, and having it come up in the far corner, directing water flow back towards the intake/overflow/I'm not sure what the right name is. Using a 920GPH submersible pump for a 40G tank... can't link to it as I don't have enough posts.

Thanks

filter.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cliff Click here to enlarge
    Building a setup very similar to Joey's shell dwellers tank; 60x12x12 with an internal sump.

Question is, can I run the output to the far end of the tank? Poorly drawn mspaint attachment for what I mean. I was thinking of running some pvc inside the tank along the back, under the substrate, and having it come up in the far corner, directing water flow back towards the intake/overflow/I'm not sure what the right name is. Using a 920GPH submersible pump for a 40G tank... can't link to it as I don't have enough posts.

Thanks

filter.png
    I think this is a great idea for flow and water circulation. I don't think you would need that large of a pump. There will be very little head loss, the water only having to raise a foot.. my $.02