Thread: Advice for new upgrade and stand

Post Thanks / Like

Advice for new upgrade and stand

So I introduced myself in the introduction area and to just briefly recap: I recently bought a beautiful 90 gallon wave front glass aquarium. I am in the process of working on the stand now. I could use some advice on making sure the stand can hold a 90 gallon full of water (according to some websites will weigh 1,050 pounds when full). The stand is a bottom piece to a hutch, the hutch was broken in a move and I bought it from the original owners for a great deal. I would like to place a piece of granite (or faux granite) on the top and then put the 90 gallon on it. My problem is that it is on bun type feet and wasn't sure if I need to reinforce the structure from below or inside to handle the 1,050 pound tank. I am not sure why I am I am so concerned...the pet stores balance these huge tanks on a couple pieces of particle board. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Attachment 12249
    Attachment 12250
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20171007-211913.png   Screenshot_20171004-204732_resized.png  

Post Thanks / Like
    if the stand is solid and does not wobble. Go for it!!

P.S. A nice granite or marble...Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Homer says, if it doesn't wobble, I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Both the tank and the intended stand are beautifulClick here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Be aware that adding a real granite or faux stone product granite top although nice looking will drastically increase the weight of the entire thing... Probably best to use a laminate top or even plastic product top if you want that look...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have thought of that too. That is why I said faux granite...I am working on a version of it and will post if it turns out any good.

The stand is very sturdy but I am paranoid...LOL!