THE ULTIMATE DIY HANDBOOK

Thread: G'Day

Post Thanks / Like

G'Day

G'Day all,
    I Live on a farm in Melbourne Australia and have been keeping fish for 30 years, worked in various LFS's in the UK ( but that was 20 years ago LOL). Bought Joeys book a month ago and its here Click here to enlarge (Hard back, c'mon im old school, feck the PDF's I need glasses im 55). OH and I just got your stickers too, thanks Joey.
    I have kept many species over the years but my primaries have always been discus. I have 16 tanks at present and my pride and joy is my 6 foot discus community tank. There are only 10 in there at the moment as I put growers in there and wait for them to pair off but it also house's bristle nose's & a school of cories with a few clown loaches. I dont always have the time to watch Joey's weekly videos as there is always shite to do on a farm but I do enjoy watching them when I can & more than that I like to read the comments. I have signed up to some face book thingyamagig that im not to sure about, alot of new people to fish keeping ask questions and they seem to get shot down an awful lot. Doesnt seem right to me but maybe thats just what the young do these days. Anyway looking forward to visiting here and hopefully no see people take a shot at other people for silly questions ( Just think back to when you started out and knew feck all, my old knowledge these days is prob worth nothing but I will always offer it to someone who is asking for advice) Anyways thats me

Regards
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony,

Hi and welcome....Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stonry Click here to enlarge
    hopefully no see people take a shot at other people for silly questions ( Just think back to when you started out and knew feck all, my old knowledge these days is prob worth nothing but I will always offer it to someone who is asking for advice) Anyways thats me

Regards
    Tony
    Hello and welcome.
    Click here to enlarge...We are not like that at diyfk...Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the club. I'm an old guy getting back into this as well. I got joey's book too but the PDF. I have glasses and old eyes but I just Zoom in at 3 times the size and I have to remove my glasses. LOL

Later

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome
    2300 Gal pond: 7 Koi, 2 Goldfish, 2 Catfish
    125 Gal: 1 Reticulated Stingray, 2 Bala Shark, 3 Neon Tetra, 1 Glo Fish, and several guppies.