THE ULTIMATE DIY HANDBOOK

Thread: Fish safe paint

Post Thanks / Like

Fish safe paint

I realize that everyone says to use Kryon Fusion to paint things like your DIY pvc overflows. My problem is that it's now July 2017 and Krylon quit making Fusion back in 2016 and it is hard to find. What other paint is safe to use to paint your DIY overflow pvc?

Thanks for any direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shutslar Click here to enlarge
    Krylon quit making Fusion back in 2016
    Who ever told you that was fibbing, they discontinued the 'brush on' line of Fusion but the spray versions are still in production, albeit a lot of big box stores don't carry it anymore...

For confirmation if you go to http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion-for-plastic/ and click on the Q&A tab then do a search for 'discontinued' you can see that a Krylon rep answered the exact question about 2 months ago and confirmed that it's not discontinued... I have also personally received confirmation in emails to them a while back...

As for other paints there is always a risk of leeching so there is no definitive answer until tested... In general any 'glossy' enamel should be inert once fully cured...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told the same thing by a big store and he sold me "Rust-Oleum Universal Advanced Formula" its a paint and primer in one. The can said for any surface so I tried it and have not had any problems. It covered well with one coat. I noticed that they did not have any Krylon products at all. I believe the key is to have patience and let it fully cure. I used it on a DIY HOB overflow and it is holding up nicely. looks really good.

- So there is my 2 cents