THE ULTIMATE DIY HANDBOOK

Thread: RGB led wireless controllers (help please)

Post Thanks / Like

RGB led wireless controllers (help please)

I have been absent from the forum for a bit and have lost track of a thread I think was on here, or linked to here someplace. Maybe you guys can help me or at least get me going in the right direction. I'll explain what my situation is and hopefully someone can help me.

I am going to have about a dozen single bulb RGB LED lights spread around inside my tank (waterproof obviously) and another dozen that are white. These are all going to need a controller that changes their colors and all the ones i see seem to be set up for led strips with plugs already on them. Mine lights have just the prewired wires on them.

Is there a controller for me or am I going to need to cut one of the plug style ones up to make it work?

AND, can anyone recommend one?

Thanks in advance.

dan200
    If laughter is the best medicine, I am part of its corrupt pharmaceutical lobby

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a loaded question, the 'controller' is going to have to be matched to your specific LEDs, and either current or voltage limited or else it will fry them... Also the type of controller will determine if the LEDs are wired in series or parallel...

Post Thanks / Like

RGB led wireless controllers (help please)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Meep Click here to enlarge
    That is a loaded question, the 'controller' is going to have to be matched to your specific LEDs, and either current or voltage limited or else it will fry them... Also the type of controller will determine if the LEDs are wired in series or parallel...
    Well, crap. I will hopefully remember where I bought them so I can find this info out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If laughter is the best medicine, I am part of its corrupt pharmaceutical lobby