THE ULTIMATE DIY HANDBOOK

Thread: Advice needed

Post Thanks / Like

Advice needed

I have the rough stand for a 75 gallon built. I placed it temporarily where it will go to visualise the finished setup and discovered that I have a gap in places, enough to slide a sheet of paper through, but not much more. I want to know if I add a thin plywood top and a thin sheet of foam would this be wise? It seems to me that this isn't a huge issue, but maybe it is. Is this gap enough to cause a breaking glass or leaking issue?
    EDIT: no idea why that photo is upside down
    IMG_4120.JPGIMG_4121.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    With a trimmed tank as show it will compress and take up that gap, no worries if it's only paper thin...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Meep Click here to enlarge
    With a trimmed tank as show it will compress and take up that gap, no worries if it's only paper thin...
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guy,
    I have pretty well built the exact frame that you have, (I copied joeys vid) and have got to say that your tolerances are much better than mine. Bloody hard to get a level service in my shed/man cave to start off. Anyways, to be on the safe side, I used (Joey's suggestion) those foam tiles that notch together, approx. 450mm x 450mm x 15mm. Pretty sure they will take up any slack due to my ineptitudes as a craftsman. Nice looking frame and you sure did not hold back on the screws!! Looking forward to seeing Fish in the finished product!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to see how you "wrap it."