Thread: Request for Breeder Setup Photos and/or descriptions

Post Thanks / Like

Request for Breeder Setup Photos and/or descriptions

I am in the process of putting together a breeding rack (fancy guppies).

The process is being documented because it has a couple features that I believe are a little unique compared to other projects I've seen on here but heavily based on Joey's designs.

If anyone would like to share I would be very interested in seeing other peoples finished racks up and running. There are several threads that document the process but not usually the final outcome and how it works. I am waiting to post mine until it's done because I will forget to come back and update it, haha.

So, What do you guys have going on with your breeding racks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Subscribing. A fancy guppy breeding setup is one of my daydreams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a couple updates. been super bust so its moving slowly

I decided to go with a 7 ft tall 8 ft long setup. it holds 12 tanks with 4 inches at the top.

I live i a basement that has lots of space but its all very narrow space and if I would have put the tanks out long ways I would take up about 1/4 of my room so I put them short ways out.

I built the shelves first because there was no way I was going to be able to lift them over the supports. After I got the 4 platforms put together I put in the main suppports.

Here are some pictures so far:
    7.jpg7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg9.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    update:

All of the tiers are in their places. Only have 3 more small side braces to go. After that some middle braces and that will complete the skeleton.

Next steps:
    - Install the casters, hinges, and hooks for securing to the wall. Since the goal of this build is to hold as many tanks as possible while using as little space as possible the whole rack will swing out away from the wall on the casters and hinges so I can get to the plumbing while the rest of the time it remaining relatively flush to the wall.
    - Cover up the ugly skeleton. I am so tired of looking at 2X4's at this point I need to cover all that I can. Prolly going to be plywood and paint.
    - Install the spiket. There is a pipe running directly over the rack. My landlord and I are going to put a water spiket on there for the drip system and other water needs.
    - install the tanks, drip system (with a chlorine/cloramine scrubber on it) and plumbing. It will all go to a sump
    - Obtain and plumb a 275 gallon tank. The way I got my landlord on board with this is to trap the overflow into a reservoir that she can use to water her plants with.

Picture update:
    20161128_215255.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan to do something very similar to this, but I will be using 20 longs separated into quadrants instead of tens. I plan to house Betta in them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello!

My breeder set up skeleton is totally finished.

What's left:
    Wrap it
    LED lights
    Drip system

Very close to done!!

As you can see I have 12 tanks on here. I was going to do 16 but decided to use the bottom for storage.

My next project is a faux wall with 3 50 gallon tanks built in. Will post that when I get started but until then I will keep updating this till its done.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk