Thread: How to move this type of crypt

Post Thanks / Like

How to move this type of crypt

I have this crypt in a very bad spot in my tank. It is ruining the fung shui of my scape.

2.jpg

I don't know if I can just dig it up as is, because its been rooted well and there's lots of little off shoots growing in the same area that I want to keep growing there.

I was wondering if I cut the roots for the tall one will the little off shoots die?

Also, whats the best way to move it without killing it in general?

Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't mess with the funk shoey gods lest they curse you with the smelly jelly.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO......I would just leave it alone. It looks natural.....perhaps not attractive but......natural....

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLDave Click here to enlarge
    IMHO......I would just leave it alone. It looks natural.....perhaps not attractive but......natural....
    I agree with FLDave.

But If you really want to move it be carefull!

1. First remove anything that could possibly obstruct you from removing substrate.

2. Carefully and gently use your hand or small soft bristle brush and begin to brush away any large pieces of soil/gravel. Slowly uncovering the roots. As you take your time be cautious not to break to much of the root structure. (A small amount is okay and will not upset the plant to much) If you happen to tear some the roots just use a small pair of scissors to cut any frayed pieaces.

3. Once the majority of the root structure is uncovered carefully start pulling the bunch of stems gently in an upwards motion using your other hand to keep sweeping soil off the roots that still may attached to the substrate. Soon the plant will be free.

4. Use scissors to cut any really frayed roots. As those may die off anyways. Try not to cut more than a total of one third of all the roots. AS THIS MAY KILL THE PLANT. WHEN IN DOUBT LEAVE IT!

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Brian C.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    10 Gal - Honey Gold Gourami, Picuts Catfish
    10 Gal - 42 Red Cherry Shrimp, 8 Neons
    40 Gal - 3 Northern Diamondback Terrapin's, 6 Black Phantom Tetra, 3 Blue Gourami's, 3 Green Severum
    55 Gal - 6 Electric Yellow labs, 1 Electric Blue Johanni, 2 Red Tops, 2 Red Zebra's, 1 Reef Cichlid