Thread: Fat Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Fat Fish

So I have five Black Tetras and a South American Dwarf Bumblebee Catfish living together.
    The Black tetras act like little piranha, they eats Everything. So when I feed my kittyfish his thawed frozen food, the Tetra will eat everything they see. Its been going on for about two weeks now, I've tried feeding the tetra flake food before I feed the thawed food, they eat enough to be bulging. They have successfully stored fat to have a second forehead, and a belly sticking out on both sides. Since the Kittyfish is nocturnal, and skittish, I'm not totally sure if hes getting enough food.

Any suggestions? I don't want the Tetra to have health problems from being fat, or to starve Kittyfish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feed Kittyfish at night - in the dark of course. Tetras will be sleeping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I already feed him a night, apparently their room is not dark enough for the tetras to be sleeping.
    The good thing is that Kitty fish is less skittish now, and he is starting to attune himself with the tetras: when they start feeding he comes out. So Kittyfish is eating, but I still have fatty tetra.