Thread: ATO/ water change plumbed into house w/ carbon filter and toilet fill valve

Post Thanks / Like

moved to DIY equipment - how do i delete thread?

I'm planning a new turtle tank. The place I want to build it has a bathroom on the other side of the wall, so I figured I can attempt a drain/fill that is plumbed into my house. My city water has chlorine, so I wanted to integrate a carbon block filter. After a little thinking - I came up with the following:

ATO.jpg

The idea is to time the fill valve and adjust the valve before the filter so that I'm under 60GPH (low flow is important in filtering chlorine), and wire the pump (with as close a gph as possible) to a float switch in the tank to achieve auto top off, as well as a kill switch for when I'm emptying the tank. When I'm ready to refill the tank, I just flip the kill switch back on and walk away.

I was thinking about attaching the drain pipe to a pump, so that I could drain the tank by flipping a switch too. Add another float switch that cuts the pump off towards the bottom of the tank, and I could make it a walk away job too.

Kill fill, pump on, walk away. Pump stops, kill pump, fill on, walk away. Repeat next week. Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry - moved to DIY equipment. Don't know how to delete the thread here Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also facing the same problem, maybe they haven't the feature to delete own thread Click here to enlarge
    I write at chriply.com, visit for find my recent writing