Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 271 to 284 of 284

Thread: Ebay...

  1. #271
    DIYFK member HillbillyHomer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    mo
    Posts
    2,550
    Post Thanks / Like

  2. #272
    DIYFK member Meep's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, back at it again, this time with a US seller, can't blame the seller "yet" as there is a problem with the item, so we will see how they resolve it...

    Ordered a 4 pack of generic toners for my HP laser printer (as I have been doing for years with few issues) installed them today and the black toner-cartridge is leaking and leaving black smudges all over the prints, tried to no avail to run the printer through the cleaning cycle, put back in my old black and it prints fine so it's definitely a defective cartridge... Just got done emailing the seller with some pictures of the printouts, I didn't ask for a refund or replacement just explained that one of the toners was defective, figured I would like to see what they offer... I did give the seller props for how fast it arrived, I ordered the toners on Monday and they arrived Thursday, so kudos for quick shipping, now we will see how they handle defective returns...

    Ebay says sellers are responsible for return shipping on defective items, and for the $14 the guy sells single toners shipped for and considering I only paid $35 shipped for a set of 4 it would really be stupid for them to insist I return it on their bill (probably upwards of $10 to return ship) so will see what happens... Hoping they just ship me a new one, but we will see...

  3. #273
    DIYFK member FLDave's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    571
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Meep Click here to enlarge
    Well, back at it again, this time with a US seller, can't blame the seller "yet" as there is a problem with the item, so we will see how they resolve it...

    Ordered a 4 pack of generic toners for my HP laser printer (as I have been doing for years with few issues) installed them today and the black toner-cartridge is leaking and leaving black smudges all over the prints, tried to no avail to run the printer through the cleaning cycle, put back in my old black and it prints fine so it's definitely a defective cartridge... Just got done emailing the seller with some pictures of the printouts, I didn't ask for a refund or replacement just explained that one of the toners was defective, figured I would like to see what they offer... I did give the seller props for how fast it arrived, I ordered the toners on Monday and they arrived Thursday, so kudos for quick shipping, now we will see how they handle defective returns...

    Ebay says sellers are responsible for return shipping on defective items, and for the $14 the guy sells single toners shipped for and considering I only paid $35 shipped for a set of 4 it would really be stupid for them to insist I return it on their bill (probably upwards of $10 to return ship) so will see what happens... Hoping they just ship me a new one, but we will see...
    Good Luck...Click here to enlarge

    My experiences with U.S. sellers (including some of the offshore suppliers that only ship domestic) has been pretty good....

  4. #274
    DIYFK member Meep's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLDave Click here to enlarge
    Good Luck...Click here to enlarge

    My experiences with U.S. sellers (including some of the offshore suppliers that only ship domestic) has been pretty good....
    So far so good, they were very brief in their reply today...

    "I'll send you a replacement for the black toner cartridge."

    So now we will see if they do...

  5. #275
    DIYFK member HillbillyHomer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    mo
    Posts
    2,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    My stuff not doing to good
    1 msd refunded for no show 3 for being fake.
    The 2 terabyte HHD tested now i got to return it Click here to enlarge
    S.M.A.R.T.


    005 Reallocation Sector Count 100 100 0000000000-0002 005
    196 Reallocation Event Count 100 100 0000000000-0002 000

    LOL One of the sellers is MAD i gave him bad feed back. He is sending me 5-15 massages a day trying to get me to change my feed back!


  6. #276
    DIYFK member FLDave's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    571
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    My stuff not ding to good
    1 msd refunded for no show 3 for being fake.
    The 2 terabyte HHD tested now i got to return it Click here to enlarge
    S.M.A.R.T.


    005 Reallocation Sector Count 100 100 0000000000-0002 005
    196 Reallocation Event Count 100 100 0000000000-0002 000

    LOL One of the sellers is MAD i gave him bad feed back. He is sending me 5-15 massages a day trying to get me to change my feed back!

    Don't do it!!!
    I did this once, years ago, and the guy all but laughed at me after I had changed his rating. Once you change it......you're done. There is no way of reversing the change.
    Man.....I miss the way Ebay "used to" run things.....Click here to enlarge

  7. #277
    DIYFK member HillbillyHomer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    mo
    Posts
    2,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way will i change my feedback. i do my best to give (if asked) fair and honest feedback in all aspects of my life.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge...FYI Don't ask my opinion if your a snowflake...Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    On the bad cards i give feedback E.G.
    Click here to enlarge Test With H2testw 7.4GbOk 117.5GbCorrupt WritSpeed9.1Mb ReadSpeed14.1 MByte
    &
    Click here to enlarge 64Gb MSd Test With“H2testw”((105MByte OK))(( 62.3 GByte Corrupted)) got refund

  8. #278
    DIYFK member Meep's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well this latest Ebay deal was exactly how it's supposed to be when you have issues, ordered the laser toners on Monday, delivered on Thursday had an issue with the black toner, contacted the seller on Friday, and here it is Sunday and the replacement black toner just arrived! No muss, no fuss!

  9. #279
    DIYFK member HillbillyHomer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    mo
    Posts
    2,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    SWEET!

  10. #280
    DIYFK member HillbillyHomer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    mo
    Posts
    2,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge...Yet another bad Msd card from ebay...Click here to enlarge
    110.2 MByte OK
    248.8 GByte corrupted

  11. #281
    Moderator komodo182's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    PEI
    Posts
    2,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop buying fake cards haha
    Support your local fish store or you will not have one!


  12. #282
    DIYFK member WickedSticky's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    New Jersey (new york city suburb)
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    My most recent ebay transaction was for a piece of faux aquarium drift wood/roots. In the picture, it was a solid 3d matte beige long, kind of tall, and narrow. What I got when it arrived 4 weeks later was glossy brown, came in 5 pieces not 1, instead of being 3d, each of the 4 pieces was flat on one side (like plastic poured in a mold on a flat surface). These things can be explained by tricky photography/color filters. What really sucked was instead of being 16"x5"x10" it was 4"x3"x3.5" SO gave them a negative review.

    They kept messaged me twice asking me to change it I said I would if theyd send the item described, they said thats the only faux wood decoration they have and offered a return. But I decided to lose the money and leave the negative review up warning for others.

    Looking for a similar item a few weeks later I found the exact photo used in the ebay description. The photo was from an advertisement off a petsmart coupon from 4 years ago. No longer sold.

  13. #283
    DIYFK member Meep's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge...Yet another bad Msd card from ebay...Click here to enlarge
    110.2 MByte OK
    248.8 GByte corrupted
    Wow, the scam manufacture didn't even try on that one, appears they put just enough memory for a hacked bios to spoof it as being a memory card but forgot the actual memory entirely Click here to enlarge

  14. #284
    DIYFK member HillbillyHomer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    mo
    Posts
    2,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge...WELL @*&%$*!..Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge...i Ordered 3 128MB cards!..Click here to enlarge

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •