Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ebay...

Post Thanks / Like

looking at aquarium gravel

i got bored and looked up aquarium gravel and got 3,174 results for aquarium gravel

Had to add one or two filters to get to see 1,033 results aquarium gravel.Click here to enlarge

aquarium gravel -vac -caps -replacement -Under -Syphon -Cleaners -wood -silk -& -idea -doll -boat -Cleaners -Carved -Bacteria -Plant -Uplift -Filters -Kit -Bush -Supplement -Parts -Faucet -Leveler -Vacuum -Cleaning -pump -Tool -Tools -Cleaner -glow -Luminous -50g -Siphon -Filter -Clean -Tweezers

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by komodo182 Click here to enlarge
    Chrome-just eBay is having the issues, no other website and the issue does not occur all the time.
    I googled it and others are having the same problem, so the suggestion was to install an adblocker. Ever since I installed it, it solved my issue.
    Support your local fish store or you will not have one!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a lot of stuff on order from Asia right now, but the so called tracking number they provided to me and Ebay is kind of silly, when I plug the tracking number into the appropriate carrier I get this...

Enroute to Carrier’s Depot to be shipped via [Malaysia Post], this is an untracked service, you will not receive any additional tracking information before delivery
    Basically a tracking number that tells you there is no tracking Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Meep Click here to enlarge
    I have a lot of stuff on order from Asia right now, but the so called tracking number they provided to me and Ebay is kind of silly, when I plug the tracking number into the appropriate carrier I get this...

Basically a tracking number that tells you there is no tracking Click here to enlarge
    We have the same shipping option in Canada to ship internationally. It generates a tracking number that never updates....seems pointless.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL i tried to buy two 100w heaters and got this.
    ebay seller.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Stop lowballing haha

Post Thanks / Like
    lol no i left her negative feedback.
    "Seller Knows Fish Tank Pumps GPH are Overrated Offered Refund But Did Not Send"
    i had to go thru ebay to get the refund.
    53 - 710 GPH Submersible Pump Aquarium Fish Tank Fountain Water Hydroponic (#281540553477)

Click here to enlarge...But thats ok i found the same thing for $1.00 less... Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    How dare you give honest feedback!

ebay.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Aren't all pumps overrated when it comes to gph?

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge
    How dare you give honest feedback!

ebay.jpg

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by komodo182 Click here to enlarge
    Aren't all pumps overrated when it comes to gph?
    That is a loaded question, if you read the fine print, most pumps are rated as zero head height, basically just how much water they move if dropped in a bucket just circulating the water, not pumping it through pipe and not lifting it at all... And for this most 'name brand' pumps actually will do what they are rated, but of course the minute you start lifting the water and pushing it though a pipe or hose that has varying resistance that number drops fast... I have tested a few fountain pumps over the years, and if you use the proper length of straight pipe (not hose) and pump straight up with no bends the values given on the box are pretty close, can't say the same for many imported generic pumps...

But, with many Asian pumps the numbers they give are simply unrealistic even at zero head height... One of the things I have seen commonly done is they take the liters per hour rating (that is already fudged) and just call it a gallon per hour rating without any conversion, instantly increasing the already questionable claimed flow rate by about 4 times... Another thing is that you will commonly see two sellers selling the same exact pump, with black and white flow rate differences, you know one of them just made something up to...

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a loaded question, if you read the fine print, most pumps are rated as zero head height, basically just how much water they move if dropped in a bucket just circulating the water, not pumping it through pipe and not lifting it at all... And for this most 'name brand' pumps actually will do what they are rated, but of course the minute you start lifting the water and pushing it though a pipe or hose that has varying resistance that number drops fast... I have tested a few fountain pumps over the years, and if you use the proper length of straight pipe (not hose) and pump straight up with no bends the values given on the box are pretty close, can't say the same for many imported generic pumps...

I've been burned twice as a result of this........."formula"......Click here to enlarge

But, with many Asian pumps the numbers they give are simply unrealistic even at zero head height... One of the things I have seen commonly done is they take the liters per hour rating (that is already fudged) and just call it a gallon per hour rating without any conversion, instantly increasing the already questionable claimed flow rate by about 4 times... Another thing is that you will commonly see two sellers selling the same exact pump, with black and white flow rate differences, you know one of them just made something up to...
    I have been burned twice as a result of this........."formula"......Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge...Six good deals down the drain! ...Click here to enlarge

Dear Customer,

On September 11th, our store encountered a technical issue that affected the product pricing on one or more items you ordered from PF-Deals.
    We will be canceling your order(s) with PF-Deals from 9/11 within the next 24 hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL do you see anything wrong with this picture?

Honey Entrance Feeder Beekeeping

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    LOL do you see anything wrong with this picture?

Honey Entrance Feeder Beekeeping
    Those be some funny looking bees...

On that subject, do you keep bees?

It's something I have been wanting to do for many years, but as with most things it just kept being pushed off, but ironically just yesterday I put my name on a list for overwintered nucs for spring 2018 with a local (next town over) beekeeper... I plan to knock out a bunch of boxes and frames and other hive parts as a winter project and hopefully be ready to go by spring... Also considering traveling a bit to get a nuc or two next spring as well so I get some genetic diversity in the hives as I'm planing on making my own queens and splits starting in 2019...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge...WOW grate minds do think alike!..Click here to enlarge
    i have always wanted bees and was thinking about building sum top bar hives.
    i can build them out of scrap.
    its fun in the summer when youngins come over and a wild honey bee lands on them and they freekout..
    ill go in the house and get sugar water to attract more. Long story short. Buy the end of the day we are playing with the bees and letting them crawl over our hands.

Have you seen the new flow hives?

Post Thanks / Like
    Certainly a novel idea, but too rich for my blood... I know full well that if all goes well, I will have a dozen or more hives after a few years and I can't imagine plopping down that kind of cash to outfit them... If it goes well, I'm in a real good position to get different 'low cost' land rental from my landlord and my mother also has her 5 acres that is now land locked ion all four sides by 100s of acres of forest preserve, so I can line the edge of her property and leverage the 100s of acres of protected forest preserve that they have been planting wildflowers in for 'habbitat restoration' for about 5 years now... So in theory I can easily expand beyond my yard and in a pipe dream world might even be able to turn it into a full time business in the future as the children mature...

Of course right not I'm only doing it as a hobby and don't expect to make anything but a hole in my pocket, but who knows...

It's one of those things that I have been curious of since childhood, but never pursued and like my current fish tank racks, I have finally decided to put down the foot and do it...

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Ya there's no way in hell im going to spend $280+ on 3 frames. Hell the reason im going with the top bar hive is i can do it for free! Click here to enlarge

if you have any orchards around ask them if you can stick a few there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    if you have any orchards around ask them if you can stick a few there.
    Sadly most of the family owned orchards that were in the area when I was growing up were sold out to developers of cookie cutter neighborhoods in the 1990s... There is only one very small one left in the area, everything else is 25+ miles away...

Post Thanks / Like
    That hive is pretty cool. Reminded me of when I was in Hanoi. The hotel had fresh honey every morning. They pulled a section from a hive in. Had it on an acrylic stand to the couuld slice the caps of the chambers. The honey ran down into a bowl.
    2300 Gal pond: 7 Koi, 2 Goldfish, 2 Catfish
    125 Gal: 1 Reticulated Stingray, 2 Bala Shark, 3 Neon Tetra, 1 Glo Fish, and several guppies.

Post Thanks / Like
    That was really neat

Post Thanks / Like
    Am i being to picky? it seems to me that most of the stuff i get from ebay is overrated.

E.G. 75w led that's supposed to be 100w,110v to 12v 5a dc power supply that will not handle 2a, 110v LED that will only work on 220v, 3000mAh 1.2 V Ni-MH rechargeable batteries that will not hold a charge over night, Digital electric programmable timer that loses 3 min a week...

Click here to enlarge...im starting to get a little bit perturbed...Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345