Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ebay...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    LOL wow i found a seller that don't accept paypal.
    Unless it was in one of the categories like vehicles sales, I'm betting that kills their online sales even if they offer their own online processing...

And update I'm finally able to file a dispute for non-delivery on the item that I was going around and around with last month, as today marks 3 days after the latest scheduled date on Ebay and it still has not arrived so I can finally open a legit dispute instead dealing with the dolts over Ebay's messaging system to no end...

Post Thanks / Like
    I just don't get these sellers, all they want to do is delay, delay, delay with nonsense replies...

I open the dispute for item never received, I tell them very clearly that I want a full refund, nothing more nothing less, because it never arrived and this is the reply...

"Dear , Sorry to hear that.my dear friend,if that is what you want we will try the best to meet your requirements;but shall we confirm your address first?we have shipped it to: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx US is it right address?waiting for your news.then we can do something asap for you.keep in touch please^^ Best wishes,"

They have been feeding me fake tracking info since day one, it's been over 6 weeks now, and all the sudden they want to verify my address?

Needless to say they got a reply back within minutes, saying them that yep that is my address as is verified by Ebay themselves, and I still want a full refund for non-delivery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by komodo182 Click here to enlarge
    Weird. Did they say why? Do you like mail a cheque?
    They wanted credit card info.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Meep Click here to enlarge
    I just don't get these sellers, all they want to do is delay, delay, delay with nonsense replies...
    Click here to enlarge...i think they teach this in ebay classes in china...Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Giving your credit card info to anyone is Asia is like dropping it on the sidewalk in a shady area of town, just sayin'

Post Thanks / Like
    That's not happening haha
    Support your local fish store or you will not have one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge...LOL i dont have credit cards never have and never will...Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge..."ebay gift cards"...Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge...i think they teach this in ebay classes in china...Click here to enlarge
    I was watching a video on Chinese culture and Chinese 'scams' last night, it mostly revolved around the markets and street market in China but it holds true for online sales as well... The commentator said Chinese retail culture is a "live for today, don't worry about tomorrow" mentality aka if you can unscrupulously scam someone out of $100 today even if it cost you $1000 in lost business next week, it's the right and preferable thing to do in China as they believe there will always be another to scam next week thus no need for return business, and because most other nations business culture is 180 opposite they exploit the foreigners and try to rob them blind... They even have a saying for this live by motto "nÚng piÓn ji¨ piÓn" The commentator also went on to say that retail sellers and even police and government on complacent with 'stealing' money from foreigners to better their own lives and pump money into their own economy even if it's a downright scam or theft so it's basically encouraged...

After watching the video, it opened my eyes up to why these Chinese sellers act the way they do, it's literally part of their retail sales culture and acceptable to them to act this way and scam people, especially foreigners, and yes, they are for all intents taught to do this...

Oh and surprise surprise, I responded back confirming my address minutes after they asked and now the seller has gone silent with no reply for over a day now and counting about 7 more hours and it will be 48 hours of silence...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Meep Click here to enlarge
    I was watching a video on Chinese culture and Chinese 'scams' last night, it mostly revolved around the markets and street market in China but it holds true for online sales as well... The commentator said Chinese retail culture is a "live for today, don't worry about tomorrow" mentality aka if you can unscrupulously scam someone out of $100 today even if it cost you $1000 in lost business next week, it's the right and preferable thing to do in China as they believe there will always be another to scam next week thus no need for return business, and because most other nations business culture is 180 opposite they exploit the foreigners and try to rob them blind... They even have a saying for this live by motto "nÚng piÓn ji¨ piÓn" The commentator also went on to say that retail sellers and even police and government on complacent with 'stealing' money from foreigners to better their own lives and pump money into their own economy even if it's a downright scam or theft so it's basically encouraged...

After watching the video, it opened my eyes up to why these Chinese sellers act the way they do, it's literally part of their retail sales culture and acceptable to them to act this way and scam people, especially foreigners, and yes, they are for all intents taught to do this...

Oh and surprise surprise, I responded back confirming my address minutes after they asked and now the seller has gone silent with no reply for over a day now and counting about 7 more hours and it will be 48 hours of silence...

Luckily eBay will help you

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by komodo182 Click here to enlarge
    Luckily eBay will help you
    Yep, it's nearly a slam dunk win for me now since the seller cut off communications in the officially opened dispute... Based on the difference in time zone another day with no communication ticked by last night, after tomorrow I get to escalate it to Ebay making the decision for the refund...

Post Thanks / Like
    and done. I find I am ordering less from China now just because its a pain lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    "nÚng piÓn ji¨ piÓn"= “Scam whenever you can”?

Post Thanks / Like
    "nÚng piÓn ji¨ piÓn"= “Scam whenever you can”?
    Yep, that is a rough translation from what I gather, apparently its a business motto in China...

Post Thanks / Like
    One more refund in the bucket thanks to Ebay from a bum seller, apparently Ebay was not impressed with the fake tracking either...

We didn't receive valid tracking information from the seller.
    Final decision: This case was found in your favor.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what they did with mine too

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL i asked why the item was shipped from malaysia when it is listed as " item location:Shenzhen, China "

Click here to enlarge...Response was non sequitur...Click here to enlarge

"Dear friend,
    Thanks for your kindly purchase with us.
    In order to offer the best item to our friend, we have strict QC checking , after all is ok, we will prior ship yours asap, please donĺt worry .
    By the way, delivery takes about 15-30 business days to your country.
    Anything I can do for you, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Alva "

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you file a complaint with ebay about the seller lying about country of origin?

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you file a complaint with ebay about the seller lying about country of origin?
    Sadly I don't think Ebay really cares... I reported the listing (report option in the listing) I was dealing with and one of the reasons for listing is fraudulent item location, but apparently, Ebay doesn't give a hoot as the listing is still up with the fake item location...

And for me I didn't have to push the location issue since the item never arrived and I was refunded for non-delivery, but you should be able to file an 'item not as described' after it arrives, attach a photo of the envelope/package showing the item was shipped from a different country than the item location in the listing and thus was fraudulent causing you to be deceived, can't say how Ebay will handle that though in the dispute... I would hope they rule in your favor as it's a black and white listing fraud violation of Ebay policy but who knows if they will stick to their guns...

Post Thanks / Like
    Normally i don't care where the stuff come from but i have had bad luck with malaysia post in the past.
    EG "items not being delivered or coming 30+ days late" and dagnabit i need them heat sinks before february.

Click here to enlarge...P.S. And Surprise! The tracking # is B.S...Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Ebay..........not what they used to be.....Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge...P.S. And Surprise! The tracking # is B.S...Click here to enlarge
    Well lack of a legit tracking number will allow you to get a refund after the delivery window passes, just have to wait it out now...

And, I fully agree Malaysia packages take forever to show up, never had one show up before 4 weeks had passed, and they rarely have legit tracking, I try to avoid Malaysia shipments at all cost, thus like you the reason I was upset with then listing stated location in China and they ship from Malaysia only to never be delivered...

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL got to wait till Jan 16 before i open a case. But im still bugging them about the tracking #...Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL got to wait till Jan 16 before i open a case. But im still bugging them about the tracking #...Click here to enlarge
    The fact that so many of these scammers attempt to play the scam game without ever providing valid tracking number is annoying... But no tracking is a benefit to those seeking refunds as it makes it easy to prevail... On the ironic flip side of scams it opens them up to counter fraud scams because even if the item is delivered with no valid tracking anyone can claim non-delivery and they can't even counter-argue as there is no legit tracking number...

I really wish these sellers would stop playing games, I have so many good deals even with Chinese sellers that it amazes me that so many more choose to play games instead of just running an honest business...

Post Thanks / Like
    I've massively decreased the amount I order off eBay lately because of these scams. It just wastes time. And now I don't order as much from China either.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, looks like they are trying to spread the 'scam' out over as many people as possible hoping more fail to file claims... That or is this some kind of promotional deal from a legit seller?

FYI I have four established Ebay accounts that I use for different things, plus the wife has one so for me I could easily just flip over to another account, also all of my Ebay accounts have multiple verified addresses (relatives, family business, wifes workplace etc.) on file so I can even change that up...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, a newbie with zero feedback, selling a notoriously counterfeited item, with a listing that is clearly cut and paste from Samsung's website doesn't set up any red flags, LOL...

If you do win, make sure you run that card against testing software when you get it...

https://www.geckoandfly.com/22803/de...ards-ssd-disk/

I have rolled the dice on a few zero feedback sellers over the years, sadly only about 50% actually delivered, Ebay shut down the sellers and refunded my money or cancelled the auctions and told me not to pay before I even filed a dispute in most of those zero feedback cases...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link. Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like

Estimated

Click here to enlarge...Estimated delivery date 10 months!!.Click here to enlarge
    omg.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    When I click the link, it says they are no longer a registered user

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast