Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ebay...

Post Thanks / Like
    i reed the -feedback and yes their are people who will accept these BS partial refunds.
    They leave comments like "Not worth my time"...

The only thing i have accepted a partial refund for is LED Floodlights. All six that i have ordered were supposed to be 100w. After testing they varied from 47w to 75.1w but i will demand to be reimbursed for the missing Watts.

P.S. All the lights looked the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, eBay has been relatively drama free for a while, so I should have known all hell was about to break loose...

Tried to order some essential oils today, the seller had buy 3 get the 4th free, no problem, right? Yeah, no...

I added all the items to my cart, and in the cart is correctly showed the buy 3 get 1 free, but then as soon as I pressed checkout **POOF** the 4th one disappeared... So I figure maybe just a shopping cart glitch, step back out and try again, adding and deleting the oils seeing if a different order or what not made a difference, but no matter what I did the 4th one kept disappearing when I went to checkout, then all the sudden one time it didn't so I clicked PAY, only to be met with an error page that said my order did not go through, try again, so I went back and tried again, and once again was met with an error page saying my order didn't go through... But, much to my angst when I checked my purchases, both of those orders where pending payment, and to add insult when I clicked on order details I was met with another error page... So off to the phone, I go, and around and around in circles I go as I keep getting escalated up the customer service ladder as the reps on the phone that are watching my account are seeing this happen right before their eyes and have no clue as to what the heck is happening... After about an hour I have stepped up about 5 levels of customer support, they blame the 4th free item on some random quirk and can't explain it, their solution to that is simply refreshing until it works Click here to enlarge but they are utterly clueless as to why it won't place my order and blame in on Paypal and shoot me over to Paypal customer support, after about 30 minutes on the phone and 2 customer service level bumps Paypal tells me that their automated system is blocking the transaction as fraud... When I asked WTF is Paypal's fraud algorithm blocking Ebay when it's their prefered payment option and recently were even the same company, they have no clue and simply tell me it's an automated block that can't be overridden... And told me I was basically SOL and the fraud block was simply a minor inconvenience for my safety... And if you are curious all the 'pending payment orders' that were now accumulating in my Ebay history after all these attempts at ordering, well they apparently just **POOFED** into cyberspace randomly as if they never happened...

Anyway, after hanging up in disgust at the fact they can't override their own broken fraud system, I tried to order the same items on the wifes Ebay/Paypal account, nope same errors, both the 4th free and failed payment...

BTW we also tried multiple browsers, clearing cookies and what not while on the phone so it was not that...

So at this point, I'm quite aggravated, so out of curiosity knowing that many times sellers mirror list items, I check the sellers store and low and behold they have the same oils listed under multiple auctions, so I empty my cart and add the same exact oils from the same seller, but using a different auction listing and just like magic everything works and my order goes through...

So I sent the seller a message telling them to nuke that auction and relist the oils because that auction is for whatever reason is quirky on the 4th free item and blacklisted by Paypal.

Now, lets hope the seller actually delivers since at one of their auctions was black listed by Paypal! Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    And............the beat goes on......

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge...i finally got a 50w cob led that was actually 50+w...Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge...i finally got a 50w cob led that was actually 50+w...Click here to enlarge
    Glad to see you found an honest seller...

Seems my luck is going the other direction yet again...

Ordered a red queen bee marking marker on Ebay, no real savings over buying it locally but Ebay had given me a 20% off coupon on my total orders so I figured what the heck I'll add it on the order... Well, it showed up today, a nice baby blue color, so I have opened up a dispute for that being the wrong color... I also ordered a bunch of different hive tools weeks ago to see what I prefer, all but one has shown up so, I'm thinking I might have to open a non-delivery for the one that has not shown up yet, just need to have the Ebay time clock run out...

Also for some overseas non-Ebay purchases I recently picked up a Netspend pre-paid Visa card, it's one of the few pre-paid cards that works online and Internationally... Anyway went to use it this week, loaded $218 on it and tried to make a $212 purchase online, seller says the charge was declined... So I call up Netspends customer service number and it asked for me for my card number, I plug that in and the automated system immediately ask me if I'm calling about the declined charge, so I hit whatever button to get details and it says that a charge of $212 was attempted but my balance of $218 would not cover it so it was denied Click here to enlarge WTF... So I jump through about 10 other menus and finally get a person, I'm on hold for about 5 minutes after I asked for clarification as to why the charge was refused since the card balance was enough... She comes back and asked me how much I attempted to charge, I tell her $212 and their automated system just confirmed this before I was connected to her... Put on hold for another 5 minutes and she tells me that I should 'ignore' their automated system as it's wrong, and proceeds to tell me the merchant attempted to charge $2550 and change, I said that is funny because my order total was $212 and your automated system confirmed the attempted charge amount was $212 just like I ordered, but declined because my $218 balance on the card was too low, now you pull some rediculous number out of that hat and claim your own system is wrong and just by dumb luck your automated system knew I attempted to charge $212 but it was actually a charge for $2550 and change? She insists their automated system is wrong yet again and insist the merchant attempted the $2550 and change amount...

So I get ahold of the merchant and they have informed me this is nothing new, they hear it all the time from overseas buyers that the credit card companies pull some ridiculous number out of a hat and blame the merchant when in truth it was just the credit card companies automated fraud system blocking the transaction and they are passing blame...

Can't say I 100% trust either story at this point, I have purchased from this same online merchant before using another credit card at the time and didn't have any issues... Ironically the online vendor promotes and endorses using pre-paid Netspend cards if you have issues with your regular card declining the purchase...

**EDIT

Quick update on the overseas vendor, I'm calling a bust on this, about an hour ago I got a text from the credit card company that my card was locked down due to fraud... Called them up and they listed a stream of charge attempts for random amounts asking me to confirm, the merchant ID matched the vendor I was trying to buy from but none of the amounts did, so something is very wrong with that seller, canceled the credit card as it's apparently the only way to stop the stream of rolling charge attemps that were coming in...

Post Thanks / Like
    On a good Ebay note, has anyone been taking advantage of Ebay's % of sales? They have been running several of them every few weeks all Spring, sometimes 10% sometimes 15% and even 20% off your entire purchase if you buy things inside the designated sale period (sometimes it's been limited to a list of several hundred 'huge bulk' sellers as well, but not always)... There is a 10% off $25 one going on now for the next few days, watch the banner on the front page to get the code you use at checkout...

I have literally saved $100s this year on bigger item stuff that has been sitting in my 'Watch List' and other things I have been putting off getting due to cost, then I tack on smaller items to get the max discount... For one of the first discounts I saw this year, I ordered a bunch of bee stuff and maxed out the $50 total discount, just did another round of purchases last week at 15% off and again maxed out the $50 discount, granted I'm still spending money but for some items getting an addition % off of an Ebay price on many drop shipped minimal markup items can be a steal... Last week, for example as part of my buying spree, I picked up a 3" inlet/outlet, 6.5HP gas water pump for $128 delivered, that is less than half the price of (for all intents) the same exact pump Harbor Freight sells... It's been sitting in my Ebay 'Watch list' for over a year now after I failed to get all the water out of my old one and cracked the pump housing during the winter, I planned on welding it back together but for $128 for a brand new one, it's not really worth the effort to fix, I'll just salvage the motor from the old one for something now and enjoy the new one that has a much, much better 'drain plug' design that won't lead to the same freezing issue...

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first ventured into the realm of virtual intangible goods (I used to buy and sell MMO accounts in games and middleman transactions.) I used to use paypal for all transactions. Then one day the scam of scams happened and it cost me roughly 1800$'s all at once. The buyer issued a chargeback I was able to demonstrate to a paypal rep that the buyer had gotten what they paid for. I recorded the transaction including the conversation on video, gave the paypal rep the address to the youtube video confirmed all the information they watched the transaction. Then 20 minutes after the transaction the "buyer" claimed their account was hacked and charge backed all the money. Even with overwhelming proof, the rep informed me that they could not do ANYTHING about it because the chargeback was issued via the customer's credit card company. The only thing I could do was register a complaint about the chargeback and they would escalate to the credit card company with my proof. It actually caused that person paypal account to be permanently closed. But that was no comfort to me as that one loss had basically obliterated all of my profits that month.

One thing I've come to accept as a person who still does those sorts of transactions and uses E-commerce as a hobby / supplementary income is that people will waste your time, they will try to scam you, packages will be broken, people will claim with the package in hand it never showed up. That is why I no longer use Paypal on transactions that are over 200$'s. I demand WU or a wire transfer between banks. That way If either person tries to scam the other it is instantly wire fraud and a federal offense. Further, you have all the information that you need via WU or a bank transfer to take legal action. It doesn't matter if it's 201$'s or even 20$'s when it comes to wire fraud, it is viewed as a felony regardless of the dollar amount involved. Since switching to that method I have been scammed 0 times, I have lost out on a lot of business but I haven't taken anymore 1800$'s all at once losses either.

If you spend any time at all buying or selling you'll run into all the issues you've experienced and more.
    WoodFill and paint will make you the handyman you Ain't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Further, you have all the information that you need via WU or a bank transfer to take legal action.

That is not entirely true, when using WU (or MoneyGram) the sender of the money essentially just has a recipients name/country be it a real name, fake name or just a homeless bum's name that is paid by a scammer to collect the money for them.

What you describe certainly protects the seller, but I know as a buyer, I refuse to send money those ways with no easy and legal recourse to collect if I get scammed so unless there are special surrounding circumstances when it's the only option to get what I want, won't ever use any unsecured non-refundable wire transfer...

When it comes to wire transfers, my bank charges $25 for domestic and $40 for international, hardly worth my effort as a buyer to be out that kind of money to pay someone for something, and if the seller says they will 'reimburse' I would still prefer it just be $25 or $40 to start with...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Meep Click here to enlarge
    That is not entirely true, when using WU (or MoneyGram) the sender of the money essentially just has a recipients name/country be it a real name, fake name or just a homeless bum's name that is paid by a scammer to collect the money for them.

What you describe certainly protects the seller, but I know as a buyer, I refuse to send money those ways with no easy and legal recourse to collect if I get scammed so unless there are special surrounding circumstances when it's the only option to get what I want, won't ever use any unsecured non-refundable wire transfer...

When it comes to wire transfers, my bank charges $25 for domestic and $40 for international, hardly worth my effort as a buyer to be out that kind of money to pay someone for something, and if the seller says they will 'reimburse' I would still prefer it just be $25 or $40 to start with...
    As a seller I don't care if they have a homeless dude wire the money to me, once it's been wired to me it's mine, they cannot issue a chargeback. For my purposes of intangible goods, we would use a middleman that would have the info to access what was sold, and would indeed secure what was being sold and once that was secure and in their possession, the buyer would then either wire the money or provide the WU#'s. When they confirmed with the seller that money was received they would then release the object to the buyer. And again I insisted on WU or Wire transfer at my bank it was a flat 25$'s for anywhere in North American, anywhere outside North America we would use WU. I would factor that fee into the price. So that the price and fee added up to 200$'s. Keep in mind I deal with intangible goods not hard goods, so it is easy to use a trusted middleman, it's how I've conducted over 500 buying/ selling transactions. I don't even count how many transactions I have middle manned for.

I didn't wake up one day and decide to go this route, keep in mind I lost 1800$'s all at once on chargebacks, and before that I would get screwed over on a biweekly basis because with paypal the seller has no recourse or protection. It actually became standard in the RMT and account reseller community to use WU as the standard because paypal abuse was so rampant. Back then there was this thing call Trustwho verification where sellers like me would get verified, and all of the information needed to prosecute me if I screwed someone over was there and being held. I could go on and on about all the ways we used to verify buyers and sellers and our best practices.

But straight up no matter what you do in E-commerce you are every now and then going to get scammed, you are going to lose money or be stolen from. After taking the WU route I was only at the most losing 170$'s, doing things that was like having a circuit breaker to insulate against losses.
    WoodFill and paint will make you the handyman you Ain't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B_Type13X2 Click here to enlarge
    As a seller I don't care if they have a homeless dude wire the money to me
    As I said the sender of the money doesn't necessarily have the info necessary to take legal action using WU, essentially they are at the mercy of the seller...

Your way works great for protecting you as the seller and if that works for you then great, but as a buyer, it doesn't work for me.

But straight up no matter what you do in E-commerce you are every now and then going to get scammed, you are going to lose money or be stolen from.
    It's all part of doing business, I have been in the E-commerce business for nearly two decades now, been in the face to face retail business on and off for over three decades now, yep there are always going to be scammers... But, overall most are honest and taking checks back in the day, credit cards and e-payments today even though they can be reversed has generated me more than enough in extra sales to cover the few scammers I have had over the years.

As I said for me personally, even if I have cash I will use a credit card for 99% of everything I buy (face to face classified sales being the only exception) so that I have my own assurances that I won't get scammed by the seller and lose money, be it online or even at a retail business... As a business owner both brick and mortar and online I assume there are many other buyers like myself that are not confrontable using no assurance payment options and I don't care to lose their business because of a potential bad apple here and there.

I fully understand the impact chargebacks can have, back in the early 2000s I developed/maintained a few 'adult' model websites, those girls were literally getting $1000s a month charged back on their website memberships, but at the end of the day they were still earning $1000s a month because of legit subscribers... I highly doubt their websites would have generated even half their earned income money if they only took wire transfers, especially considering much of the money they took in each month was from re-occurring monthly subscription charges o their customers credit cards...

At the end of the day, you have to run your business as you see fit, while the buyers also have the option to buy under the terms they are comfortable with...

Post Thanks / Like
    Back on topic, yet another Ebay dispute will be filed by me tomorrow...

While searching for an item (egg incubator turner motor, as mine, crapped out last week while incubating some duck eggs) that I needed sooner than later (my peafowl are laying eggs now) I purposely limited item location to the US, then I picked a seller that was regionally closest so that I would have the item in a few days... Note that the item was nearly 3 times the cost of the same thing from China, but I don't/can't wait weeks for the item thus the reason I chose a US seller with an expected delivery time of only a few days... The 'Fast and Free' shipping listed in the auction says I will have the item on or before June 7, today June 6 I get an "Item Shipped Email" from the seller with a flippin' Chinese letter post tracking number!!! The seller's images even have a big US flag on it saying ships from the US, so much for that lie...

So come Thursday I will be filing a non-delivery, item not as described, dispute along with a misrepresentation of location dispute with the seller for yet another full refund from yet another scam seller on Ebay...

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of eBay,
    I found a sweet deal I think.
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Aquarium-Fis...53.m1438.l2649

I ordered a few of these.

This is the cheapest place where I live that sells them
    https://angelfins.ca/index.php?main_...39590d87edbecc

I started with just one and now ordered a few more.
    Support your local fish store or you will not have one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Must have been a helluva deal..........the listing has been removed (sold, I would presume...).......Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Still some for sale when I click the link. But yes, small caves for under 2 bucks

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my most recent dispute went quick, they didn't even bother to respond to the dispute or apologize, they just refunded me the next day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my most recent dispute went quick, they didn't even bother to respond to the dispute or apologize, they just refunded me the next day...
    what more could you ask for?
    I bought some digital thermometers on ebay a month and a half ago. Still haven't got them, contacted the seller and they asked I wait 3 more days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by komodo182 Click here to enlarge
    what more could you ask for?
    Nothing really, I was expecting excuses, but an apology (even if transparent) for wrongly listing the item location would have been nice...

I bought some digital thermometers on ebay a month and a half ago. Still haven't got them, contacted the seller and they asked I wait 3 more days.
    Pay special attention to your dispute deadlines or simply escalate it now, as I know they will attempt to push you past your timeframe to claim a refund with "just wait a few more days" excuses if you let them...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing really, I was expecting excuses, but an apology (even if transparent) for wrongly listing the item location would have been nice...

Pay special attention to your dispute deadlines or simply escalate it now, as I know they will attempt to push you past your timeframe to claim a refund with "just wait a few more days" excuses if you let them...
    Slippery Buggers..................all...Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    I should still be fine for time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I opened a claim today since I waited 3 more days, emailed and got no reply within a day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by komodo182 Click here to enlarge
    I opened a claim today since I waited 3 more days, emailed and got no reply within a day.

Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Got refunded today

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=komodo182;171756]Got refunded today[/QUO

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    And got the thermometers! So I sent the seller some money. All is well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456