Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ebay...

Post Thanks / Like
    i reed the -feedback and yes their are people who will accept these BS partial refunds.
    They leave comments like "Not worth my time"...

The only thing i have accepted a partial refund for is LED Floodlights. All six that i have ordered were supposed to be 100w. After testing they varied from 47w to 75.1w but i will demand to be reimbursed for the missing Watts.

P.S. All the lights looked the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, eBay has been relatively drama free for a while, so I should have known all hell was about to break loose...

Tried to order some essential oils today, the seller had buy 3 get the 4th free, no problem, right? Yeah, no...

I added all the items to my cart, and in the cart is correctly showed the buy 3 get 1 free, but then as soon as I pressed checkout **POOF** the 4th one disappeared... So I figure maybe just a shopping cart glitch, step back out and try again, adding and deleting the oils seeing if a different order or what not made a difference, but no matter what I did the 4th one kept disappearing when I went to checkout, then all the sudden one time it didn't so I clicked PAY, only to be met with an error page that said my order did not go through, try again, so I went back and tried again, and once again was met with an error page saying my order didn't go through... But, much to my angst when I checked my purchases, both of those orders where pending payment, and to add insult when I clicked on order details I was met with another error page... So off to the phone, I go, and around and around in circles I go as I keep getting escalated up the customer service ladder as the reps on the phone that are watching my account are seeing this happen right before their eyes and have no clue as to what the heck is happening... After about an hour I have stepped up about 5 levels of customer support, they blame the 4th free item on some random quirk and can't explain it, their solution to that is simply refreshing until it works Click here to enlarge but they are utterly clueless as to why it won't place my order and blame in on Paypal and shoot me over to Paypal customer support, after about 30 minutes on the phone and 2 customer service level bumps Paypal tells me that their automated system is blocking the transaction as fraud... When I asked WTF is Paypal's fraud algorithm blocking Ebay when it's their prefered payment option and recently were even the same company, they have no clue and simply tell me it's an automated block that can't be overridden... And told me I was basically SOL and the fraud block was simply a minor inconvenience for my safety... And if you are curious all the 'pending payment orders' that were now accumulating in my Ebay history after all these attempts at ordering, well they apparently just **POOFED** into cyberspace randomly as if they never happened...

Anyway, after hanging up in disgust at the fact they can't override their own broken fraud system, I tried to order the same items on the wifes Ebay/Paypal account, nope same errors, both the 4th free and failed payment...

BTW we also tried multiple browsers, clearing cookies and what not while on the phone so it was not that...

So at this point, I'm quite aggravated, so out of curiosity knowing that many times sellers mirror list items, I check the sellers store and low and behold they have the same oils listed under multiple auctions, so I empty my cart and add the same exact oils from the same seller, but using a different auction listing and just like magic everything works and my order goes through...

So I sent the seller a message telling them to nuke that auction and relist the oils because that auction is for whatever reason is quirky on the 4th free item and blacklisted by Paypal.

Now, lets hope the seller actually delivers since at one of their auctions was black listed by Paypal! Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    And............the beat goes on......

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge...i finally got a 50w cob led that was actually 50+w...Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge...i finally got a 50w cob led that was actually 50+w...Click here to enlarge
    Glad to see you found an honest seller...

Seems my luck is going the other direction yet again...

Ordered a red queen bee marking marker on Ebay, no real savings over buying it locally but Ebay had given me a 20% off coupon on my total orders so I figured what the heck I'll add it on the order... Well, it showed up today, a nice baby blue color, so I have opened up a dispute for that being the wrong color... I also ordered a bunch of different hive tools weeks ago to see what I prefer, all but one has shown up so, I'm thinking I might have to open a non-delivery for the one that has not shown up yet, just need to have the Ebay time clock run out...

Also for some overseas non-Ebay purchases I recently picked up a Netspend pre-paid Visa card, it's one of the few pre-paid cards that works online and Internationally... Anyway went to use it this week, loaded $218 on it and tried to make a $212 purchase online, seller says the charge was declined... So I call up Netspends customer service number and it asked for me for my card number, I plug that in and the automated system immediately ask me if I'm calling about the declined charge, so I hit whatever button to get details and it says that a charge of $212 was attempted but my balance of $218 would not cover it so it was denied Click here to enlarge WTF... So I jump through about 10 other menus and finally get a person, I'm on hold for about 5 minutes after I asked for clarification as to why the charge was refused since the card balance was enough... She comes back and asked me how much I attempted to charge, I tell her $212 and their automated system just confirmed this before I was connected to her... Put on hold for another 5 minutes and she tells me that I should 'ignore' their automated system as it's wrong, and proceeds to tell me the merchant attempted to charge $2550 and change, I said that is funny because my order total was $212 and your automated system confirmed the attempted charge amount was $212 just like I ordered, but declined because my $218 balance on the card was too low, now you pull some rediculous number out of that hat and claim your own system is wrong and just by dumb luck your automated system knew I attempted to charge $212 but it was actually a charge for $2550 and change? She insists their automated system is wrong yet again and insist the merchant attempted the $2550 and change amount...

So I get ahold of the merchant and they have informed me this is nothing new, they hear it all the time from overseas buyers that the credit card companies pull some ridiculous number out of a hat and blame the merchant when in truth it was just the credit card companies automated fraud system blocking the transaction and they are passing blame...

Can't say I 100% trust either story at this point, I have purchased from this same online merchant before using another credit card at the time and didn't have any issues... Ironically the online vendor promotes and endorses using pre-paid Netspend cards if you have issues with your regular card declining the purchase...

**EDIT

Quick update on the overseas vendor, I'm calling a bust on this, about an hour ago I got a text from the credit card company that my card was locked down due to fraud... Called them up and they listed a stream of charge attempts for random amounts asking me to confirm, the merchant ID matched the vendor I was trying to buy from but none of the amounts did, so something is very wrong with that seller, canceled the credit card as it's apparently the only way to stop the stream of rolling charge attemps that were coming in...

Post Thanks / Like
    On a good Ebay note, has anyone been taking advantage of Ebay's % of sales? They have been running several of them every few weeks all Spring, sometimes 10% sometimes 15% and even 20% off your entire purchase if you buy things inside the designated sale period (sometimes it's been limited to a list of several hundred 'huge bulk' sellers as well, but not always)... There is a 10% off $25 one going on now for the next few days, watch the banner on the front page to get the code you use at checkout...

I have literally saved $100s this year on bigger item stuff that has been sitting in my 'Watch List' and other things I have been putting off getting due to cost, then I tack on smaller items to get the max discount... For one of the first discounts I saw this year, I ordered a bunch of bee stuff and maxed out the $50 total discount, just did another round of purchases last week at 15% off and again maxed out the $50 discount, granted I'm still spending money but for some items getting an addition % off of an Ebay price on many drop shipped minimal markup items can be a steal... Last week, for example as part of my buying spree, I picked up a 3" inlet/outlet, 6.5HP gas water pump for $128 delivered, that is less than half the price of (for all intents) the same exact pump Harbor Freight sells... It's been sitting in my Ebay 'Watch list' for over a year now after I failed to get all the water out of my old one and cracked the pump housing during the winter, I planned on welding it back together but for $128 for a brand new one, it's not really worth the effort to fix, I'll just salvage the motor from the old one for something now and enjoy the new one that has a much, much better 'drain plug' design that won't lead to the same freezing issue...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456