THE ULTIMATE DIY HANDBOOK
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ebay...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i did report it but i dont think ebay will do anything about it.
    its a chinese power seller Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    Well i did report it but i dont think ebay will do anything about it.
    its a chinese power seller Click here to enlarge
    Even if they do shut down that account, chances are like most other Chinese power sellers they have dozens of other accounts they can simply shift over to...

Post Thanks / Like
    dang it i had 10 Skywolfeye 5800mAh Li-ion 3.7V Rechargeable 18650 Batterys +2 Dual Chargers for $1.50 and free shipping! The SOB ended it and relisted with $10 shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer, I just had a good experience, picked up a 'decorative' (but functional) full copper table top replica double thumper rum still on Ebay, the particular model I picked up sells for about $150 - $300, plus shipping with most sellers being in Europe... Also seems like the company that makes it no longer does, probably due to the skyrocketing price of copper... Anyway the guy had it listed with a $1 starting bid and an unknown reserve... Figured I would toss a $60 snipe in just for fun, I didn't even think I would be in the ballgame but if I could get it so cheap I can always flip it and break even without any issues... But, low and behold I won it for $49.99... So I pay and a few days go by with no shipping update, so I check the guys profile and he has 6 negatives in the last 6 months for failure to ship items that sold cheap, disappointed I figured I would let it ride and see what happens, no sense in pushing the issue he is either going to ship or not... 5 days later the thing showed up at my door in perfect order and shape so all is good...

Here is the exact still, this is the lowest price I could find but shipping is $44, so it's still pushing $200, and potentially more if customs gets frisky...

http://www.copper-alembic.com/en/sma...alcohol-burner

Post Thanks / Like
    NOT that i would know anything about a still.
    It looks like one hell of a nice micro h2o distiller.
    Distilling is frowned upon buy sum of the law in this area LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    NOT that i would know anything about a still.
    It looks like one hell of a nice micro h2o distiller.
    Distilling is frowned upon buy sum of the law in this area LOL.
    Yeah, not all that good for mash unless you just want to make a shot glass worth each run, but it could could do well as a 2nd run distiller after a stripping run in a larger still, or so I suspect Click here to enlarge... Or as you said for water or essential oils as they are being sold for...

And although distilling for consumption is illegal all across the US without proper ATF licensing, in my area unless you were into some serious bootlegging or other crimes no one really cares including most law enforcement...

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe to flavor vodka?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you aloud to sell services on ebay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Ebay continues to slide down the tubes...

Purchased three items from an Asian seller about a month ago, they never showed up and I was finally able to dispute them last Thursday... Right away the seller responded and promised to send me replacements and instructed me to close the dispute (I did get a giggle out of that request)... So I wrote them back and said the dispute stays open until I receive the items or get a full refund... Their reply was that they will ship me out replacements ASAP... So I wait until Monday and send them another message asking if they have shipped yet and asking for a tracking number, they then tell me they are out of stock and offer me a refund... So I got a refund on that...

So now I turn to some other items I have ordered, about 9 days ago I ordered a OEM muffler gasket from a US seller, and here it is 10 days later not tracking number and no item, so now I have a dispute open for that, the person is only 2 states over so it should only take a day or two to arrive...

Today also marked the 10 day expected shipping deadline for two more items that I ordered from another US seller (media center remotes / air mouses) the seller marked them shipped right after I purchased them but never provided a tracking number... So tomorrow, if those items do not arrive, I will be opening two more disputes...

And last but not least, I have another overseas item (poultry/bird auto-fill watering cups) that was ordered about a month ago, with the delivery deadline lapsing tomorrow, and again no item or tracking number...

By Thursday it appears I will have 4 disputes open, after just closing 1 dispute today, 5 flippin' disputes over failure to deliver in one week, from 4 different sellers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Of the last 5 items I have ordered from overseas (China and whatnot), none have arrived on time. Most are about 3 weeks late!
    Support your local fish store or you will not have one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by komodo182 Click here to enlarge
    Of the last 5 items I have ordered from overseas (China and whatnot), none have arrived on time. Most are about 3 weeks late!
    In the last month or so I have received about half a dozen Asian purchases on time... Yeah some were slower, like the one that bounded around from sorting to ready to dispatch every other day at a Chinese post office for 9 days total, but it still made it in the expected shipping window... At least that one had a tracking number and it was a seller I have purchased from before so I wasn't all that concerned about being scammed... It's these sellers that claim it's shipped but are too cheap to provide tracking or are fibbing that appears to be the big problem...

On an entirely different note, I get packages pretty much every week from Amazon, and it appear they just rolled out their own delivery fleet in my area (not surprising as I'm local to a big Amazon distribution center) as the Amazon order I placed yesterday is being shipped by 'Amazon Logistics' not the same old UPS, FedEX or USPS that they have always used in the past... We will see if they deliver on time tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Neat about the amaxon thing

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Neat about the amaxon thing
    Only time will tell, apparently it's kind of like an Uber style delivery service, anyone can sign up to be a delivery driver using your own vehicle... You pick the packages up at the local distribution hub and then deliver in the area you signed up to deliver within, so it's very targeted local delivery...

https://logistics.amazon.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the seller for the muffler gasket, claimed they were unaware they had sold something... Amazing how opening a dispute for non-delivery all the sudden reminded them they had items on Ebay Click here to enlarge

The other seller for the remote/air mouse has not bothered replying to the dispute yet, and I noticed today that another person just gave feedback for non-delivery of the same remote, so that outlook isn't looking good, and I suspect Ebay will be refunding me in the next few days...

The chicken waterers showed up on the last day of the shipping window so that at least had a decent outcome, although they look as if they were sitting on a shelf in a chicken house, they are new with stickers but covered in heavy layer of dust...

Post Thanks / Like
    i have not been on ebay to long but I have noticed that a dispute being opened is the fastest way to get a response from a seller.

lol i do love some of the excuses. one of my favorites is "i can not respond My computer has not been working for two months.i'll have it fixed tomorrow. Maybe!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of the last 10 items from overseas...1 has arrived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of the last 10 items from overseas...1 has arrived.
    Wow, not a good sign...

On another note touched upon above, I had another Amazon package delivered today by their new carrier service, apparently the delivery drivers was confused as my wife got a phone call from Amazon asking "What building should the driver leave the package at?" she replied "How about the one that looks like a house?"

I admit there are several buildings on the property, but two are clearly barns to anyone with a functional eye, the 4 car garage is pretty obvious with those big car sized garage doors, the old well pump house is doll house quaint but at about 8 feet x 8 feet not to be confused with a residence, and the chicken coop (although a large 1800 sq/ft two story building) is literally full of birds (and my roosters, peafowl and guinea fowl make enough noise to easily be heard 1000s of feet away when they see a stranger) it also has open wire mesh windows, where birds literally sit on the window sill and squawk right back at you...

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he thought the chickens ordered stuff.

And on my issue-the seller got back to me. The Estimated delivery was Thu. 23 Mar. - Thu. 6 Apr. I opened the claim May 7th and he asked me to wait another week. I flat out said no, I want the refund and if it arrives, I will send the payment. I have waited over a month passed the estimated delivery date.

Post Thanks / Like
    And on my issue-the seller got back to me. The Estimated delivery was Thu. 23 Mar. - Thu. 6 Apr. I opened the claim May 7th and he asked me to wait another week.
    That is typical, they attempt to get you to wait until the dispute period ends leaving you with no way to get your money back...

Not once has any item that I ordered that wasn't delivered in the estimated time frame (give or take maybe a day or two) ever arrived, not once even though they insist that they shipped it and I should wait a little longer...

Post Thanks / Like
    I went back into my history and there was another item that I forgot about that I did not get. So I have another case open...

Post Thanks / Like
    I went back into my history and there was another item that I forgot about that I did not get. So I have another case open...
    LOL, I can relate, I have to force myself to go through my Purchase history about once a month and make sure everything actually arrived as I constantly forget I ordered this or that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news, the other one that I didn't get refunded me within 15 minutes of opening the claim.

Post Thanks / Like
    And now I got the other one refunded. Hopefully I get the stuff and can send the money back to them since I do want what I ordered.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually got one of the items so I messaged the seller about me sending a payment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did ebay do away with its purchase protection programs?

All the listings i see say.
    (Not eligible for eBay purchase protection programs)

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ebay forums say they have a glitch and it's appear on tons of auctions it shouldn't appear on... Also the seller might have listed it in a category that pops that message... Either way you should still be eligible for their money back guarantee if it's not delivered as that is a separate guarantee...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlargeRamshorn and Bladder Snails $20

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes (lately) listings aren't loading correctly in my browser on my laptop. The sellers information about the product just doesn't load.....

Post Thanks / Like
    if you are using firefox and have adblock plus try disabling it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chrome-just eBay is having the issues, no other website and the issue does not occur all the time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast