Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ebay...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    i have found that nine times out of ten when a company offers to resend thy are trying to buy time.
    Any more when i get a offer to resend i tell them to refund me and i will reorder.
    Yep, in most cases they are simply trying to push it past your claim window so that you can't get a refund...

IMO never accept a re-ship, instead tell them to issue a refund and you will re-order so your window for a dispute doesn't close... If you do accept a re-ship pay attention to your claim window and make sure to start the dispute before it expires even if they just re-shipped...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by komodo182 Click here to enlarge
    I don't know what this epacket thing is
    In 2011 the USPS and China Post made deals with each other and some other countries (now it's 35+) to expand 1st class/airmail type services (7-20 day global delivery timeframe) with free tracking to these countries, it's called ePacket and it's offered at stupid huge discounts to most countries vs what we would pay for the same service... The ePacket parcels are put on planes to transverse the ocean(s) vs being loaded into cargo containers and put on ships... You can also track ePacket right on the USPS site, no need to try and figure out where to track it...

For me and my location, almost all ePacket shipments are delivered in 10-12 days vs the 20, 30, 40 or more days other shipping methods can take so if I see a seller offering ePacket I almost always choose them knowing I will have the item much sooner and get a legit tracking number...

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting
    Support your local fish store or you will not have one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, the stupidity of these sellers is mind boggling!!!

They are still totally ignoring the fact that they lied about the item location and shipping methods instead they reply back that the shipping delay is because of the 'week' long National Holiday in China, the problem is that the item is being shipped from Hong Kong where that holiday is a single day, blowing their entire week-long shipping delay excuse out of the water all the while still ignoring my complaint that they lied about the location and shipping method they were claiming to use...

Once again it looks like I have to take this up with Ebay, as the seller refuses to take even the most basic steps to rectify a complaint...

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be a language issue thing too

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be a language issue thing too
    Possibly some of that, but they admitted that they didn't ship from China and didn't use ePacket shipping, making the listing fraudulent...

When the sellers start babbling nonsense unrelated to my concerns while admitting the listing item location and shipping method was fraudulent all the while trying to tell me it's no big deal, I simply won't give them the benefit of the doubt any longer even if some of it is a language issue...

Post Thanks / Like
    2 out of 4 replied to me.
    Both are just saying to check with my post office even though I said I already did....One offered a refund. So I am just waiting on that now.
    Oddly enough the one that lives in the same country as me (Canada) isn't replying at all anymore. So if I don't hear anything, well I don't think I can do anything since I kept listening to there of just wait a little longer stories and now I can't open a claim or anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow this just gets better, now they are providing me FAKE tracking info!!!

The tracking number they gave me, is Hong Kong post and when I go to the Hong Kong post website it says no record of the tracking number, yet they claim... Mind you in the previous message the admitted that it didn't ship from China, yet......

The shipping address of the item is Shenzhen, China, which is the logistics information:
    Destination Country:United States
    Origin Country: China
    2018-10-08 11:07 EMPS United States processing service center receives the goods and is preparing for sending to United States. Shenzhen City, China.
    2018-10-02 23:55Your parcel has been delayed by the customs. Please kindly waiting for a few days. If you have any question, please contact your sender.
    2018-10-01 19:11Your order has been picked up by Logistics carriers , information will be updated soon (Normally it will take about 2~3 working days).
    2018-09-30 09:27Shipping Label Created.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL They think we are morons...Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    I also get a wrong tracking number and they try to charge me... Wft

Post Thanks / Like
    I just stopped replying to the dolts, the thing that irks me the most is looking at that 'fake' tracking info and got me thinking...

Shipped on 9-30

On 10-2 it "has been delayed by the customs"

Yet on 10-8 a full six days later EMPS finally "receives the goods and is preparing for sending to United States"

I kept asking myself what was it doing in customs 6 days before it was delivered to EMPS and being prepared for shipment to the US? That made no sense to be in customs before it's even at the shipping center...

So after some thought, I believe I know what is going on, and it's nothing short of them playing games...

I'm guessing they have a 'special in-house tracking system' that combines multiple carriers and multiple shipments... And thus what this 'fake tracking' that they copied and pasted shows is the item being shipping from Hong Kong to them in China on 9-30 then getting stuck in Chinese customs for 6 days once it got out of customs they finally are 're-shipping' it to me from China, making it looks like it's shipped from China, but in reality it was drop shipped to them from Hong Kong, then re-shipped to me incurring over a week in shipping delays already...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I can do anything since I kept listening to there of just wait a little longer stories and now I can't open a claim or anything.
    If you paid with Paypal you have 180 days to dispute the payment for non-delivery even if Ebay's dispute period has expired...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Meep Click here to enlarge
    If you paid with Paypal you have 180 days to dispute the payment for non-delivery even if Ebay's dispute period has expired...
    I didn't know that. I am opening cases now. One seller out of 4 refunded. So the rest I will try through paypal.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    One replied to paypal already-never replied to my emails from ebay though....

They provided a fake tracking number to paypal.....

Post Thanks / Like
    One replied to paypal already-never replied to my emails from ebay though....

They provided a fake tracking number to paypal.....
    Well at least you are getting somewhere now, I can't see a fake tracking number helping their cause so hopefully, you get refunded...

Back to my issue...

As I said, I just told the seller that I was done dealing with them and was just going to file a dispute for item not as described as soon as I could with Ebay...

Yet they continue to message me and to try and spin their story in a comical in a twisted way, for all intents they essentially admit they are playing games between the lines, but they continue to try to dismiss it as something else and not a big deal without any admission the listing was fraudulent in regards to the location of the item and shipping...

Their new reply (that is very poor English) seems to suggest kind of what I suspect (again it could be lost in translation as this reply is very poorly written broken English) it goes on to state that they had a "transporter" (their word) pick the item up at their warehouse and deliver it to their logistics shipping center and in doing so it had to go through customs and thus the delay, they purposely left out where the warehouse and shipping centers are located and why it had to go through customs... I'm no fool if it had to go through customs it crossed between countries at some point... They also still refuse to address (totally ignoring) why they gave me a Hong Kong Post tracking number for an item that was supposed to be shipped from China using ePacket, mind you that tracking number is invalid on the Hong Kong Post website, and doesn't even appear to be in the proper format and it's most certainly not an ePacket tracking number, entirely wrong format...

Post Thanks / Like
    One seller wants me to mail it back for a full refund. The battery they sent doesnt hold a charge. I said I would if they pay return shipping since it will cost me more than what I paid for the item just to mail the defective battery back.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    One seller wants me to mail it back for a full refund. The battery they sent doesnt hold a charge. I said I would if they pay return shipping since it will cost me more than what I paid for the item just to mail the defective battery back.
    Well obviously don't send it back since it will cost you more, instead push the dispute all the way and let Paypal decide if you must send it back, make sure to note in the dispute that the cost to ship it back exceeds the cost of the item. Too bad it's not an Ebay dispute because then it's clear that the seller would have to pay for return shipping, Paypal puts that burden on the buyer if they decide it must be returned...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow this seller continues to be a work of art even though I have backed off and told them I will just be filing a dispute as soon as Ebay allows me to...

I received the mess today, I feel like I'm dealing with an 8 year old, seriously...

Thanks for your message;and very sorry for the troubles,pls trust us,we totally understand your feelings;and in that case,How about partial refund for you?Dear friend,pls try to understand us, our item is now on the way to your place, we are not cheating the business, but we should protect ourselves also, otherwise we could not survive if every buyer asks us to refund, right? International shipping needs more time than local, we promise we will refund you full amount after one or two weeks if you still can not get it, ok?
    Thank you for understanding.
    Sincerely looking forward to your reply.
    They also included this doozy new tracking info, because you know the tracking number they gave me is invalid and they apparently use some magical tracking number that only works for them... All I can say is WTF, I'm honestly at a loss... At least 10 days ago the fake tracking info said it was on the way to the US, now the same fake tracking info says it's on it's way to Hong Kong, and Hong Kong is the destination country and this is supposed to put me at ease?

2018-10-18 09:23 The parcel has been sent to destination country. Hong Kong.EMPS Express
    2018-10-15 16:44 The parcel is being transferred to Cathay Pacific Airways, and the flight will be booked. Hong Kong.EMPS Express
    2018-10-11 14:58 The parcel is under export customs declaration, Shenzhen City, China.EMPS Express
    2018-10-08 11:07 EMPS United States processing service center receives the goods and is preparing for sending to United States. Shenzhen City, China.
    2018-10-02 23:55 Your parcel has been delayed by the customs. Please kindly waiting for a few days. If you have any question, please contact your sender.
    2018-10-01 19:11 Your order has been picked up by Logistics carriers , information will be updated soon (Normally it will take about 2~3 working days).
    2018-09-30 09:27 Shipping Label Created.
    I would also like to add that two days before I ordered this item, I ordered another item from China, that item was promptly shipped China ePacket with tracking and it arrived 5 days ago, and the tracking actually did work!

Post Thanks / Like
    And to follow up with a 'good' post that other item I ordered from China was this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Round-...r/273474819953

Obviously, I just received it and don't have a clue if it will last, but I'm quite impressed with it out of the box and just testing to see how bright it is... I purchased these to retrofit my damn trailer lights as I seem to have the worst of the worst luck with trailer lights... Even though the trailer spends a vast majority of its time parked in the barn out of the elements it seems like every time I pull it out to use it's a 50/50 crap shot if the lights will work or work the entire trip I'm making with the trailer, the bulb holders in generic trailer lights are just utter garbage they simply don't hold a bulb well enough to handle bumping down the road without killing the bulb filaments, jiggling the bulb loose or developing some kind of oxidation (even with bulb grease on the bulbs) and I'm tired of dealing with it so I hope these LEDs do the trick once I gut the light housing and mount these somehow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad one worked out for you. I escalated two of my issues to paypal. Still debating about the other one since they seller never replied back when I said I would mail the whole thing back if they paid return shipping. I think I may escalate that to paypal as well, not sure since I don't want to have to mail it back if that is what paypal decides.

Post Thanks / Like
    I decided to escalate the final case to paypal asking for a partial refund for the defective battery. And stated if they want me to mail the whole thing back to the seller, I want the seller to cover return shipping costs with tracking and insurance. We will see what happens. One claim came back in my favor so far. So out of 4 issues, 2 have been dealt with and I received a refund. Now just two left. I never had so many issues with eBay until lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL i dont know if your lucky or im unlucky but about 25% of the stuff i get from china never gets to me,has been damaged in shipping do to bad packing or just dont work.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL i dont know if your lucky or im unlucky but about 25% of the stuff i get from china never gets to me,has been damaged in shipping do to bad packing or just dont work.
    I have had my fair share of stuff damaged in shipping from China, the LED lights I posted above were intact but, the box they were in in the bag was utterly destroyed, I was expecting them to be destroyed...

I think what works to my advantage is that I'm close to Chicago aka a port of entry, so my packages spend less time being handled than other places, that and Chicago seems to a more 'more careful' Customs shipping departments from what I gather on some other forums... I have heard repeated bad stories of stuff coming into NY and FL ports of entry getting the once over and being delivered destroyed or stuck in customs for weeks if not months with who knows what happening to it during that time...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I have ever had a broken product from China in the 14+ years I have been using eBay. But I have had a few not arrive in the past, way more lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well since my item is apparently on the way to Hong Kong instead of me, and I had planned on having and would really like it before the 1st week of November, I broke down and bought a 2nd one on Ebay today from a US seller, they shipped right away and USPS says it will be to me by Monday... If the other one ever does show up, I still plan to push for a significant refund for the fraudulent listing practices as I really didn't need two of them...

Post Thanks / Like
    All my cases are closed now and refunds have been issued Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Meep

Post Thanks / Like
    All my cases are closed now and refunds have been issued Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Meep
    Good to hear, I honestly think that there are way too many people that just let it go, and it encourages more bad behavior from these sellers when they get away with it...

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally just let it go

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL wow i found a seller that don't accept paypal.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL wow i found a seller that don't accept paypal.
    Weird. Did they say why? Do you like mail a cheque?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast